Discussions for the water cooler !!!
Our Country - YOU Have the right - the right to leave !

After Sydney not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

After hearing that the State of South Australia changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

This prompted this editorial written by an Australian citizen.Published in an Australian newspaper.

Quote:IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It !

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.
However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our
patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia.
However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the language! "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.
If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.
We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.
But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourageyou take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE"
If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to come here.
You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

What do all of you think of this?

BRADDO
Excellent words Braddo.

Max
Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
Well in reality it isnt really such a great country anymore,used to be.
The polititians and other wankers have f****d it up.
What happened to freedom?
Our roads are just tax collections,everyone is tring to save us from ourselves.Whats wrong with just leaving people be instead of everyone being hasseled by f*&^ing leeches.
It is getting more and more like America everyday,because idiots dont want to take responsabilty for their own actions,instead we blame someone else and sue them.
What happened to a simple life,no such thing anymore.
As far as god is concerned,i dont believe i need a god to use as a crutch to hold my life up.
In the begining god created man in an image of himself,well i think it was the other way around really.
The Phantom is back !
Okay, first of all try and spot the irony here...

Quote:It is getting more and more like America everyday,because idiots dont want to take responsabilty for their own actions,instead we blame someone else

and...

Quote:The polititians and other wankers have f****d it up

Anyway,

Quote:What happened to freedom?

... just my opinion really, but I believe it comes with responsibility. If we (people) were more responsible, then we wouldn't need a policing force, technically... those that aren't responsible lose their freedom... (though I acknowledge "justice" isn't always fair either).

At the end of the day (yes, this bit is aimed at you Rocket), if you believe that:

Quote:Well in reality it isnt really such a great country anymore

...then maybe have a look to the left of Max's posts and take some advice, heh?

Power to the people!

That is those that want to get of the backsides and do something about the state of the nation (OUR nation).

I arrived here in 1968 with my parents as guest workers and have enjoyed a great life. Sure its hard, but when I look and travel overseas, we still have it really good.

The problem (as I see it) is that we have all gotten really comfortable with our plasma TV, internet, private schools, blah, blah, blah....and think that someone else is to blame for the way we THINK our society has become.

Well, I look at the turnout at some of the motorcycle rallies against the Vic TAC levy and can't believe that so few can be bothered to extend their democratic right.

Had I not booked a ride for the 22nd, I would be on the Pink Ribbon ride...not becasue I've lost anyone to cancer, but just because I care and wish to show my support for a VERY worthwhile cause.

As Elvis once said:" A little less conversation, a little more action please!"

Well, that my 5 cents worth...Thanks for reading it

"Don't ride behind me, I may not lead. Don't ride in front of me, I may not follow. Just ride beside me and be my friend."
I really miss that thread
Pan,i maybe the troll under the bridge,but what are you,the board Nazi?
Its seems lately that everytime i make a comment or opinion that doesnt sit comfortably with you,you think that its in your best interest to try and put me down.
Mate, build a bridge...........
The Phantom is back !
Yeah!
Ching ching
$5 please

By the way Sentinel, I arrived in 1971. Same thoughts as you.
I guess it helps to travel overseas. Maybe we don't realise how good Australia is until we've seen other places...
ROCKET

He does bite after all
Pan, Rocket. to both of you.

GET A f*&^ing ROOM Cheers,
Holge
Well said Braddo

Well said Holger

Well said everyone else.

Free speech is a wonderful liberty. Its one of the things that sets this board apart (and this country). Combined with empathy and a focus on the things we have in common, rather than what divides us... free speech is a powerful thing too. Sarcasm and negativity are two possible modes of free speech. They ain't pretty, but they add perspective and make you question your own basis for you beliefs. Sometimes they cause you to change, other times they help reinforce what you believe. Its all good. Just play nice... ok ? The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
But if I play nice I don't win the bet!
What ? You'd compromise your scruples, professional standing and integrity for five bucks ???

Ok... if you split it with me I'll delete all that mamby-pamby bullshit from my previous post

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
Nah. Leave it in. I'll shout you a cuppa next Parra meeting though...
DUDE! $5 is $5. Besides, it is the principal of the thing.