Bucket Racing
A mate and I intend on having a go at bucket racing. Looking for a low k CBR125R. Would not matter if it was a cosmetic write off. Anyone know of a good place to start searching? Thanks, Paul.
I reckon it would be a blast! If I had time I would do it for sure, maybe when I retire! Hope you find a suitable weapon!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Yeah G,day Ward. Did it about 20 years back on an A100 Suzuki. Thought I would have another go at it before the bones get too brittle. From what I can gather the CBR125Rs seem to be the pick of them in the commuterlite class. A little more power compared to the YZFR125s and apparently very reliable. They run a northern series up this way comprising around 6 meetings. Hope to be ready for the last couple this year then have a proper go next year. All the best, Paul.Very Happy
(20-07-2013, 09:24pm)Ward P Wrote: I reckon it would be a blast! If I had time I would do it for sure, maybe when I retire! Hope you find a suitable weapon!
Got one. A little gem. 2009 model with 220 kms on the clock. Effectively a brand new, unmarked bike. Probably too good to race but the price was right. I will use a second hand tank that way I can sell the entire original body work in new condition. By the time I part it out the bit that I need should cost me very little. I will post a pic over the weekend. Paul.

This does look like a blast, wonder if they do this at Hidden Valley (NT)??
I've never even heard of bucket racing till now, looks like a hell of a lot of fun with very little outlay.
I'll have to make some enquiries..
Forgive my ignorance but I've been under a rock for a while and am unsure what bucket racing?. Confused

Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Ta da...

http://www.ozbucketracing.com/
Well the little bucket racer is almost ready to rock. First race next Saturday. Can't wait. Did a bit of testing. The sava racing tyres are super sticky. Pretty radical sprocket changes, 2 down on the front and 15 up on the rear. Top speed about 95 kph on the limiter. Dozens of other changes made. There is a fair bit more to setting these up than expected but it has been fun. Let you know how I go. Have a blast, Paul.Very Happy
What a blast. About 100 laps that included practice sessions and 8 races. Managed 2 5th places, 2 4th places and 2 3rds out of fields of around 15 bikes but most of all had a dead set blast. New knee sliders required. Hardest part was learning that you can throttle on in any part of the corner. Heaps of guys crashed but I managed to avoid the carnage. Next race is at Lismore. They are having a free come and try day on the Sunday so if you are in the region and know someone with a bucket bike come and have a go. But be warned you will be hooked, Paul.Very Happy
Good on ya Paul Pi_thumbsup for giving it a go. Judging by the progress soon you be winning the races Trophy.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Would love to do that! But not much chance up here in Mackay:-(
(26-09-2013, 01:05pm)06BUSA Wrote: Would love to do that! But not much chance up here in Mackay:-(

No, but we DO have a dragstrip, Thank Christ. Pi_thumbsup

Cause we ain't got no decent roads Pi_thumbsdown
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
Well people, I cannot sing the praises of this bucket racing highly enough. After another 250 odd laps on the weekend at Lismore I can't get the grin off my face. This is one of the most enjoyable and satisfying things that I have done in a lot of years. Won't bore you with the results. But it would be fair to say that if you love having fun on bikes, this stuff is pretty hard to toss. A friggin hoot. Paul.Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Sounds a lot of fun, glad to you're enjoying it.

Any pics?
(29-10-2013, 12:09am)Zoro Wrote: Sounds a lot of fun, glad to you're enjoying it.

Any pics?
Every time I go to upload pics it won't accept them stating the image is too large. A mate of mine is a computer nut I'll get him around to give me a hand. Thanks, Paul.Very Happy