revalved forks/springs
Went for a ride to get some fuel with the revalved forks with 1.0kg front springs.Biketek did the work,cost me $390 handing the forks over and refitting them myself.they feel excellent,smooth and far less harsh than standard.These are reshimmed standard valves with modified needles,good fork oil and conservative 1.0kg springs.The ohlins valving wasn,t available at the time so this was the interim setup.Great bang for your buck.Dads (kawasuki) forks have 1.05kg springs with ohlins superbike forks upgrade valve kit fitted.This required a bit of machining to fit the standard forks but basically turn the standard forks virtually into ohlins internally.Motorcycle weaponry did dads forks. <i></i>
I had the same deal here in WA (but cheaper!). Standard valving rejigged, 1.0Kg/mm springs done, new oil etc. And I feel the same way. But as a newbie, I'm no where finding handling limits yet, but bang for bucks is excellent.
He said he can do one more relatively cheap mod on standards before starting on throwing bigger bucks at it.
That is that road forks have a "cushioning" bottom of around 20 to 30mm if I recall. If I felt I was breaking that hard that I was bottoming out on this, he can machine a few bits to give me the extra travel. BUT, at the end of that travel, they bottom hard and there's nothing left, so be warned! I don't think I've got near that yet, but it easy to check out with a zip tie and an enthusiastic lap or two, just to see how hard you're braking and then make a decision if you want to throw heaps at the forsk and go for better internals (the Ohlins inernals sound like the best options) or take a punt and get the max out of the standards. <i></i>
I was shown the hydraulic stop on the standard forks.What you can do is create a small bleed hole so the forks firm up but don,t go solid for the last 25mm giving you more travel.Dad had this done when his forks were done. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
Cool. Thanks <i></i>