Where did some of DjPete's bike go?
This may help.
As far as I understand the engine and some other bits went into this drag bike. Interesting watching the progress.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/s...-Drag-Busa

Revhead if u rather this not be here sing out and I will delete the link in a flash.
no not at all it went like this

your motor and foool tank and wiring and wheels went to my 99 ,

my 99 motor wiring and foool tank and wheels went on your old bike
oh so it IS my motor playing up in the other new thread. Bugger
yup,when you had it did it run well like do more the 100k in st,its so slow im embarrassed to go on along ride
I did notice slight misfiring or breaking down last say 3 months but I have not ridden it that hard last few yrs but I reckon the issue is only recent. I put new plugs in it thought was fixed but no. Seemed like fuel to me. I was actually testing it for that breaking down just before the accident. I tried good fuel, no difference. Sorry man I hope you find it. Must be something obvious you would think
I would never do 100kph in first.
I dont ride full on like that
its got me stumped ,i think when i get a bit of cash off to a dyno guy to check it out
yep dyno will show straight away on the scope especially if a lead or something breaking down
Has the fuel pressure regulator filter ever been cleaned ?
Never ride the A model of anything.
were is that rev,as i had the pump out today
I still remember when Giddyup has a similar issue and it was fuel pump or filter. A long time back now Rev. Ha his was a blue black same year too.
busdriver suggested i back flush the filter ,il give that a go.
Giddyups bike had the internal pump in the tank. The early 99's have the external pump and the pressure regulator is part of it. If that filter blocks the bike will flatspot BAD....They all eventually block up, when & where dependant on local fuel sedimentation levels.My 99 did it every 10,000 k's .

The other consideration is the possibility of an introduced fault assuming all was well before adjustments were made. If the filter is clear then at least that can be eliminated as a potential source of trouble.

Never ride the A model of anything.
(31-01-2013, 11:30pm)Rev Wrote: Giddyups bike had the internal pump in the tank. The early 99's have the external pump and the pressure regulator is part of it. If that filter blocks the bike will flatspot BAD....They all eventually block up, when & where dependant on local fuel sedimentation levels.My 99 did it every 10,000 k's .

The other consideration is the possibility of an introduced fault assuming all was well before adjustments were made. If the filter is clear then at least that can be eliminated as a potential source of trouble.
my bike has djs motor fuel tank and wiring ,meaning it has an in tank fuel pump,not an external anymore
maybe a simple method would be to borrow someones fuel tank, change the whole thing over and test or you may have another fuel tank Pete?
Internal pumps has a gauze type filter also, but look like a real prick to pull apart with out braking the plastic lugs, see if you can get it pressure tested first