Tyre SiZe
G'day everyone,

I've just been looking at some tyre stuff on the web and am now totally overwhelmed by all the possibilities. I'm looking for a new rear boot in a couple of thousand kms but don't know whether to get another 020, or maybe try a Diablo Corsa or a Dragon Evo or even a HPX. As usual I want maximum traction in wet and dry conditions and mileage (10,000-15,000 kms should be fine ). But my real question is if anyone has tried up-sizing and gone for a 200 rather than a 190? (Looking for the WOAH DUDE! factor)

thanx in advance,
rubberless. <i></i>
Or 250
<i></i>
WOAH DUDE!

Now that's the shit!

Just got off the phone to Ron at Balls and he reckons anything over 190 is crap for twisties (ie. makes the bike too lazy) and anything under 190 is too twitchy.

So I'm gunna stick to 190 and get some Diablo Corsa action happening. <i></i>
Let me know if you find a rear tyre that will give you delta max traction wet and dry and last 10k to 15K.

I run a 180 Rennsports either RS1 or 2 and it makes a world of difference to getting the Bus thru the turns. On my other bike I run a 190 Dunlop 209 and a GP on the front.

Running a 180 on the rear does not make the bike twitchy. Ride a modern day 600cc bike and explore the meaning of responsiveness . <i></i>
My 1st tyre change i went for a Mezeller M1 Sportec 180 and it lasted 10,000 4000 of which was a trip to Qld and back, so it lasted pretty good. It's grip was supurb in wet and dry although i didn't really test it hard in the wet for obvious reasons or im a wimp . The 180 did make it lean in a bit faster, mostly noticed when picking it up from low in the corner to flip flop to the next and it does move a bit quicker into the lean from upright. I didn't notice any less traction at all from the reduced contact patch. I just replaced the back with an M1 190 because i like the look of the fatter tyre over the increased handling.

Viking <i></i>
A few of us run Michilin pilots and they seem to give good wear as well as handling and grip WTFWT<i></i>
Hey Trav...I`ve become quite fond of the D208s ( horses for courses I guess)...I`m on my third set now and been averaging about 8000kays.
Just trying a 200 section and I`m absolutely wrapped with it.
Already done about 2000kays on it and there`s virtually no diff (compared to the 190 ) with the turn in rate.(they are a high profile tyre)
...and they really do look shit-hot as well!!

...and I certainly agree with Gazz..the busa ain`t no 600 when it comes to tippin` it in...aahhh,but on the exit....now that`s when we`re COOKIN`. <i></i>
And the girls tell me size doesn't matter. WTF <i></i>
It is all horses for corses, but i still prefer my M-1's. Put on a new set for the Island, did an average of 2-3 burnouts every night i was there, rode back on it and it's just on the wear markers.... at just over 3k, it aint no long distance tyre but this aint no 250 either. You can't have ya cake and eat it as well.....

Paul <i></i>
Hey Phil....for years they (da girls) have been saying that `size`doesn`t matter....but we`ve never really believed them...right?
...and now they`ve eventually come clean and have admitted that it `does`in fact matter....however,we discover that it`s `WIDTH`which they so desperately seek.

So,I s`pose all we can do is hop aboard and enjoy the ride with our newly aquired `200 section`......hmmmmm!! <i></i>