Importing tyres
Thinking of going for a set of imported tyres BT016 for $295 at door is very temping. Would go for S20 Bridgestone Battlax Hyper Sport but out of stock on rear tyres has anyone imported?
Yeah mate,

Jake Wilson have a pretty good range and price....& shipping usually takes around 5-7 days......I've ordered thru this site a few times now and had no probs at all!! Pi_thumbsup

http://www.jakewilson.com/c/52/-/343/Mot...-Tires-All

Coolsmiley

Agree with Bazman.....used Jake Wilson & Rocky Mountain ATV a couple of times and had no probs (really)
Does it work out to be a good deal?
Rob
I've shipped tires overseas for customers, Russia, Dubai, one set to Saudia Arabia awhile back, it's pricey to ship, but they are treated like an average every-day package - just pay for that weight & distance, they come to your door.

Isn't it cheaper to get this stuff local?

Here in the US, moto tires are intensely cheap, and the intense-competition by retailers brings the prices way down. I get mine from Rocky Mountain Moto in Colorado. Buying from them to my door is cheaper than my dealer cost after shipping.

Motosport.com Used to ship Tires to Aust Or Anywhere in the world for $30-00 /Pair .Due to pressure from the Australian Importers ,They no longer offer this service & On their web site You can't get to their Tire Pages from an Aust Computer address . A Few of us SA blokes bought Avon storm tires for $230-00/pair, Delivered . I Don't know about other people but I Get Pissed off when I am quoted $500-00 for the same set of tires in Aust .The Importers are making all the profit & Making Aust resellers look like greedy prick's, Which I don't think they are . I am investigating a Forwarding address in the USA to get around this as I HATE being RIPPED OFF .I Hope some day the Aust Tire resellers can put pressure on the Importers to enable this system to change ,but I doubt they will allow an end to their gravy train .I have contacted Motosport on more than one occasion to get a definite answer but no reply,so this is only really hearsay at this stage . I have only used Motosport in the past but believe that Jake Wilson & other online USA tire sellers are all related to each other .These company's will still supply some brands but I Won't have french rubbish on my bike .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(24-08-2012, 11:34am)Greeny_SA Wrote: I am investigating a Forwarding address in the USA to get around this as I HATE being RIPPED OFF .

Greeny, the one we recommend here on the left coast is http://www.shipito.com/ based in Los Angeles.

There are lots of other ones, but due to the blurring of borders by Amazon & eBay, these types of outfits are springing up to do exactly what you're referring to.
Good call!
Shipito provide great service.
Not so with Viaddress and Bongo - both ripped me off!
(24-08-2012, 11:48am)CaptainRob Wrote: Good call!
Shipito provide great service.
Not so with Viaddress and Bongo - both ripped me off!

Thanks Rob & Tim. I've got a mate that lives there who is investigating for me .

I used Rocky Mountain ATV about a year ago. Shipping was about $60 and paid $40 here for them to be fitted. I still saved over $200.
Yeah Greeny,

Pretty spot on there, mate! I've had some conversation with Motosport via email, and when I enquired as to why they have stopped shipping tyres to Oz (and suggested what you mentioned), they danced around the question and eventually came back with a piss-poor excuse that it's just not feasible for them....due to shipping costs. I've then further suggested that if that truly is the case....then why not just charge the customer a bit more for shipping (which would STILL be cheaper for us than buying from local m/bike shops here)......and then I get no further response from them!!! Wtf

So, not only are they being pressured by the powers that be to stop exporting them to us here in Oz...but they ALSO seem to have been BOUND & GAGGED about telling the TRUTH behind the whole BS situation!!! Wtf

Last I heard, we had a free trade act in place with the USA......but due to the actions of some unscrupilous and low-life C*NTS here, the end consumer (...and the exporting retailer) loses!! Frown

But some of us die-hard consumers aren't going down, or even away....without a HUGE fight to the death first! Knuppel2

Let the battle continue....and may the end consumer [eventually] win!!! Yes

Coolsmiley
(24-08-2012, 12:15pm)bazman Wrote: Yeah Greeny,

Pretty spot on there, mate! I've had some conversation with Motosport via email, and when I enquired as to why they have stopped shipping tyres to Oz (and suggested what you mentioned), they danced around the question and eventually came back with a piss-poor excuse that it's just not feasible for them....due to shipping costs. I've then further suggested that if that truly is the case....then why not just charge the customer a bit more for shipping (which would STILL be cheaper for us than buying from local m/bike shops here)......and then I get no further response from them!!! Wtf

So, not only are they being pressured by the powers that be to stop exporting them to us here in Oz...but they ALSO seem to have been BOUND & GAGGED about telling the TRUTH behind the whole BS situation!!! Wtf

Last I heard, we had a free trade act in place with the USA......but due to the actions of some unscrupilous and low-life C*NTS here, the end consumer (...and the exporting retailer) loses!! Frown

But some of us die-hard consumers aren't going down, or even away....without a HUGE fight to the death first! Knuppel2

Let the battle continue....and may the end consumer [eventually] win!!! Yes

Coolsmiley

The Net will eventually end these sweetheart deals with tire company's Where an importer gets to make An easy buck at the expense of Customers & resellers for doing bugger all .I also thought we had restriction of trade laws Bazman ,but obviously not .I heard Motosport was the largest motorcycle tire supplier in the world but unfortunately don't have the ball's to challenge manufacturers decision's. Pitty for us customer's .

Shipito give you a US address to use.
This enables you to buy on US eBay easily and just pay local postage, and buy from other US shops and businesses.
Maybe if you bought Tyres anywhere in US and shipped to your Shipito address, it would work ok?
Then you just tick the box and Shipito find the best and cheapest postage?
Just a thought?
Rob
(24-08-2012, 12:06pm)Huls Wrote: I used Rocky Mountain ATV about a year ago. Shipping was about $60 and paid $40 here for them to be fitted. I still saved over $200.

same here. two tyres delivered within a week for $60.saved well over $200 as well.
Tyres ordered front rear from Rocky Mountain ATV $300 to door is worth it to me.

same here. two tyres delivered within a week for $60.saved well over $200 as well.
[/quote]