What boost out of the hole?
Hey dudes when I front to willowbank. Can we run 14PSI in first out of the hole, or do we step down a bit?
Party-smiley-018 When your not Racing, your only waiting!
(23-06-2012, 09:48am)the goat Wrote: Hey dudes when I front to willowbank. Can we run 14PSI in first out of the hole, or do we step down a bit?

Mine was set at 6psi in gears 1 & 2, 9psi in 3 & 4, 12psi in 5 & 6..... all adjustable of course.
This was set that way when I bought the bike from Maj! Good luck Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Thanks postman, Im new to this bike drag thing. So excuse my ignorance. Have you run the bike, if so where are you at with it time wise? Do you run a drag tire, or just a street tire?
Best I did was 10.1@149, that was at Calder. Problems with the bike, wouldn't rev over 8000rpm. Previous owner - Maj - said he'd run a consistent 9.2@160 (using 18/40 gearing too) Haven't taken it back out since it's been fixed. About to have the turbo swapped onto my Gen 2, see how we go then!!
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
(24-06-2012, 12:12am)PostmanPete Wrote: Best I did was 10.1@149, that was at Calder. Problems with the bike, wouldn't rev over 8000rpm. Previous owner - Maj - said he'd run a consistent 9.2@160 (using 18/40 gearing too) Haven't taken it back out since it's been fixed. About to have the turbo swapped onto my Gen 2, see how we go then!!

Thanks for that mate, What tires did you run, I might get 2 C16 tunes then. 1 stepped and 1 straight up.We eventually will try both. I'm aware others are saying di@ckhead, he'll find out. But it's all part of the journey. And the fun! I just hope people get some value (funny) shots of me learmingRead (stuffing up).Wm I don't really care if people laugh at me or with me. If there laughing,Yes iv'e done my job.I might buy an extra set of clutch plates and undies though, because 1. I'm dumb
2. I'm a greedy pig
3. I'm dumb!
4. I'm 100% Mental
Whatever street tyres that were on it..... Dunlop streetsmarts I think, lotsa other things to think about than getting sticky tyres and air pressures for me! I also rode to and from the track. Thats all the fun of it for me! Biker
How about some more details goat, how long is it? what turbo? intake cooling? boost controller? clutch?

If your just starting to set it up i would be making sure that when the front bottoms out the sump isnt gonna bite the bitumen. so dont lower the front just by pushing the forks throught the triples.
(24-06-2012, 01:17pm)Chuffed Wrote: How about some more details goat, how long is it? what turbo? intake cooling? boost controller? clutch?

If your just starting to set it up i would be making sure that when the front bottoms out the sump isnt gonna bite the bitumen. so dont lower the front just by pushing the forks throught the triples.

Thanks for inquiring, heavy clutch springs, 14lbs mitsubishi 16, eboost 2,intercooled, (Maj, God) we talking 280/320hp, Can choose 0/6 over swingarm, looking at settings now. Sending to pete for C16 tunes.
Mainly worried about Willow and traction, just got a reactor delivered wondering what other turbo's are running in cogs 1 & 2. I should be able to Fu&* it up from there. I'm a CR500 rider, so putting the front up and leaving it there don't have an impact on my boys. They like it freestyle. If there is no air, Iv'e been a soft condom of the line. Any nPi_thumbsupinfo would be much appreciated! I got heaps to learn.Wtf
You want it set low at the start line, usually much more than 6 will wheelie or spin ,once you get a more drag dedicated setup with longer wheelbase and better clutch you can give it more
and have the power put down more usable with clutch setup .
About then you have to look at motor setup too, better launch gives more oil surge , wrong setup eats cranks

Willowbank is a very sticky track. Have a spare clutch ready to go just in case you burn through fibres. what gearing are you running? i'd suggest nothing too radical to start with. start with low boost like Maj suggested and step it up. Read up on other members who have run turbo's on forums and via the turbo talk thread to give you more of a baseline. Make some achievable goals to start with and build up from there. That way you will enjoy the wheelstands :) learn more and not burn large amounts of money without realising your progress. Most importantly HAVE FUN!
Enjoying the feedback and help guys. Will run 18/ 45 unless you guys have better starting point. Swingarm adjustable, 6inch over in long setting. Running shinko Reactor flat slick to start with, (not yet tried) as the 1/8 mile track I'm learning on has ZERO traction. OEM clutch with HD springs. Also what do you suggest to deal with the oil surge? Before I hurt something.Bump
i've always struggled with the standard clutch, and usually to keen and enthusiasic with too much twist of the right grip. A square slick is great at a reginal track, last longer better traction but overkil at willowbank. Billet sump and baffle will help with oil surge.
(25-06-2012, 10:28pm)Chuffed Wrote: i've always struggled with the standard clutch, and usually to keen and enthusiasic with too much twist of the right grip. A square slick is great at a reginal track, last longer better traction but overkil at willowbank. Billet sump and baffle will help with oil surge.

Thanks for the info, but a bit confused. I hear comments about the tracks being slow, greasy in winter. IE Simmo etc on recent posts. Therefore, how can the reactor be overkill if non turbo bikes are struggling for grip?
Depends what track preperation has been done, which compound they use , track temp ,cars dumping coolant or oil down here also if the owner has had the jet car out or if there has been a dust storm
Many t&t get no track prep,
Willowbank from what i understand is pretty good, but my only chance to use it so far ended up with me in the burnout box watching the car in front of me crash and having the meeting called off :(
(29-06-2012, 10:50am)Maj Wrote: Depends what track preperation has been done, which compound they use , track temp ,cars dumping coolant or oil down here also if the owner has had the jet car out or if there has been a dust storm
Many t&t get no track prep,
Willowbank from what i understand is pretty good, but my only chance to use it so far ended up with me in the burnout box watching the car in front of me crash and having the meeting called off :(

Thanks again, but I still refer to this. If they are fighting for grip in different circumstances. As long as rolling resistance isn't a problem. How can you have too much traction? As I see it, it just takes one variable out of ther equation? Once again, excuse my ignorance. But I still don't understand something that must be obvious to the more experienced. And I am trying to rationalise it. I can then adjust my launch RPM to accomodate, yes/no? Then instead of steeping boost through the gears I just Fu@%king nail it! If the front wheel rises too much, I just go longer? No?