Tyre size.
I went to a bike shop to replace my tyre, and he said i had 2 size options. 200/50/17 michelin sport, 190/50/17 michelin pilot power. whats the difference between it, when i put it on? <i></i>
190 is the standard recommended for the busa. ive never tried 200 nor ever intend to. supposedly in turns, bends slower or more labour intensive. was designed for 190, i think 200 has a big fat tyre show off factor thats about it. am using pilot powers currently and highly recommend them. <i></i>
I ended up getting the 190 pilot powers. Feels better when cornering. <i></i>
When I bought my bike it had a 200 BT14R Bridgestone on the rear and it stuck like glue and got the power down real good. It only lasted 4,500 ks though and I have since gone to 190 BT020R which does handle better in the twisties and I got 9,500 Ks out of the first one. I put another one on today.
On the front, the bike had a Dunlop D205F which I just replaced today also. I got 14,000 Ks from it and it was a pretty good tyre but felt a bit skittish for the last couple of thousand ks. I put a BT56F on which is the stock front tyre for the Busa.

Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
I like the 180's myself. <i></i>
Back in June on the Oxley Trip, I had to replace a tyre. After hearing about the advantages of the 180 and knowing what roads were ahead I decided to give one a go.

So for the last 2000klms I have been running the Dunlop D208 180/55 ZR with only moderate success.

On initial impressions the tyre felt nervous and unpredictable for the whole trip (over 1000klms) but I was never sure if it was me or the tyre. It also it looked strange seeing a 180 where 190 use to sit.

On a more recent trip to Canungra the tyre felt much better but the brakes were more of problem.

The bike did turn quicker but that advantage was lost on the exit with tyre spin.

Actually the tyre spins up at will off the throttle hot or cold which is ok for playing but not when you are pushing.

Not sure if this is typical of all 180's (tyre actually measures 176) but I will be looking to go back to a 190 next change!

Shayne

<i></i>
I actually went though this a while ago.Pirelli nows makes a 190 that has the profile of the 180.So you get the best of both worlds,the traction of a 190 and the turning characteristics of a 180. Phuck its the phantom!<i></i>
Can't get those can you Rocketman? (MATE)

<i></i>
Sorry i have no contacts with pirelli,however if this seems to be a sucess for them im sure other brands will follow. Phuck its the phantom!<i></i>
There on special up here $480a set for Super corsa. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Not too worry Rocketman... The bridgies are great for the commuting......

Super "no tread" more like Kawa.

They were Bigshows favourite though. He could punt the big Busa around the Island in unbeleivable times on those tyres.....

I just like a bit of tread on my tyres...

How much for a 190 Pirelli Diablo Corsa up North Kawa???

as quoted $300 fitted a while back down here. Bloody good price too IMHO
<i></i>
Missed ths icon by this much...

was quoted ...........

<i></i>
I will find out Gdyup Whta s wrong with the Super Corsa? at $480 a set. I think usually 600. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Hey guys,
just fitted a Bridgy 200 020M/C much better than the standard 020. The M/C is a steel belt 2ply tyre not a kevlar cord. Thus making the tyre more stable on tight bends under power as the tyre holds its shape rather than getting movement which I am sure everone has felt. The best combo for this is by putting a 014M/C on the front.

With the back being a dual compound this is the tyre for value. Had them fitted for $400.

Will post more as the tyres wear with a pic of the bling tyre.

Cheers Fords <i></i>
Hey Fords,

Got the same Bridgestone combo (014 front + 020 M/C rear) on my busa and I am lovin it....

Can't say that I've tried the big P before but I did have Dunslips on the Honda..... Never Again!!

Cheers,
Bazoo. <i>Edited by: Bazoomatic at: 22/8/05 10:03 pm
</i>