Lowering links
What are the pros and cons on lowering links? Whats the effects on the handling? <i></i>
Well Chunky all depends how low you go.

I am running my bike 1 inch lower all round by way of an aftermarket Triple Tree and 2 Hole Links. I chose the 2 hole over the 3 as Xhilr8r experienced clearance problems with his 3 Hole Set when trying to raise it back to standard.

Apparently to make the 3 hole set work, the Belly Pan mounting bracket must be modified or maybe removed, no biggy as the Belly Pan has to be removed anyway. I just didnt like the thought of maybe having to grind any parts so I went the way I did!

This is a compromise for me so I can ride the bike to work through the week and switch to the second hole for a 3 inch drop for when I go to the Drags with the front strapped.
I ride it like this while I am racing regularly and swap back to standard when I know I am going to do more long distance riding. Lowering the rear 3 inches and strapping the front works ok at the strip, I just wanted to have a few options open to me with the new Triple Tree and it looks alright as well.

Raising and lowering like this can happen under half an hour if you know what you are doing.

If you dont want to buy the aftermarket gear the standard triple tree can be spaced up a bit and the links arent really that special, a bit of steel with 2 holes will do

Had my first ride in the Twisties last Sunday with the bike lowered 1 inch with no real handling problems. Biggest issue is clearance, the faster punters around here can ground a stock height Busa with no trouble at all. The extra length of the links does change the pivot ratio but not too drastically, it is a bit harsher but liveable.

Hope all this helps

Instructions

Shayne

<i></i>
thanks abusa <i></i>
One thing i forgot too mention was you will need to do something with your stand, I purchased another from the wreckers and Bill cut and shut it for me! Shayne

<i></i>