Suspension Settings
Just wondering what you guys run as settings for the twisties? I still can't decide on how to set it up. Currently it's set up: 65kg rider.

Front - preload 4 lines showing
- rebound out 2
- comp out 4

Rear - preload stock setting
- rebound out 9
- comp out 7

It feels great with pillion (which i carry 50% of the time) as she can't get enough but solo today the back was really jumping out on the bumps and causing me to lose confidence until i slowed to scenic pace. If this is my perfect pillion setup would there be a simple way to work back to solo settings.

Viking
<i></i>
I can't remember what my settings are, but I used the ones out of an English Streetbike magazine. Very good for solo, even better for pillion (light horny female only)!! I think I got the reference from one of our previous topics about 6 months ago?. Might have to search back.
Cheers, Pilot Pete <i></i>
Wrote these down sometime back on someones suggestion that they were ideal settings - think they related to solo ride days but may be worth a starting point try. Suggest individuals own weight would have an effect on actual settings.
Front.
Preload 2.5 lines showing
Compression out 2 clicks
Rebound out 2 clicks.
Rear.
Preload 1.25 inches of sag. ( sorry it was given in inches)
Compression out 5 clicks
Rebound out 7 clicks.
Haven,t got around to trying these myself but will one day - my weight is around 82 kg.
These either came from an aussie member or the U.S.A. Busa org. GOOD LUCK.
<i></i>
Found the article- It is on page 11 of old topics.
Was originally written by Volvi and dated 25/11/00 <i></i>
a few of us tried that setting posted by volvi at the time and it was pretty good, but i think ron balls set up volvi's since (and for quite a few others) and they are all pretty happy with that, it seems that the cagey old bastard knows his stuff pretty well.......... <i></i>
I took the screwdriver along with me on a ride from Kinglake to Healesville and stopped a few times to play with the suspension. I've tried the settings listed a while back but found em a bit too stiff for general roads. It tended to skip over bumps rather than hug em. Came up with:

Front preload 4 lines
comp 2 clicks
rebound 6 clicks

Rear sag std settings
comp 7 clicks
rebound 10 clicks

A bit stiffer than and much more feeling thru the tyres than stock but it retains the smoothness over bumps. Who knows though i'll probobly change em again next ride.
<i></i>
Who is this ron ball caracter? <i></i>
ron balls

www.ballshpt.com.au
<i></i>
Dug this old topic up for Viking and Peter Atlas, in regards to a tyre topic. Still trying to find the Ohlins manual - getting closer! <i></i>
Also dug up another old topic on suspension settings that I found to be brilliant. Could only highlight it on the general discussion OLD TOPICS 2 - down the bottom. Getting closer..closer <i></i>
Thanks for reposting that Aero, i'd lost my bit of paper with my settings on it and now i have it again.

Viking <i></i>
I know it's a common mistake, but can people please have a GOOD look at my name and please spell it correctly. It's not ATLAS like the maps. The T and L are reversed.

Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>
Viking,

I changed my suspension to your settings and had an absolute blast on the weekend. No more wollowing around corners for me.

(I think your comp and rebound for the front are around the wrong way)

<i></i>
Glad they worked for you, in the manual solo riding standard suggests 5 pre load, 3 reb, 9 comp on the front. I stiffend it a bit on reb but quite a bit on comp over the manual's settings. The rear i stiffened slightly over the manual's settings. After buying a new rear the bike feels so much better. It's amazing how much difference it handles over the old squared off rear.

Viking <i></i>
Has anybody replaced the rear standard unit with an aftermarket shock? I fitted an ohlins 12 mnths ago and are very happy. <i></i>