Question for gen one owners
Why did Suzuki fit the sprocket carrier bearing with the unsealed side facing the hub exposed to any dust and water? Recently replaced the bearing and cush rubbers on a blokes gen 1. The kyoshu bearing that I purchased from a bearing centre was sealed on both sides. Seemed sensible to leave the prelubed unit fully sealed. Noticed a few low km gen 1s with a worn carrier bearing. I guess that is why the the carrier and wheel hub is different on the gen 2. My feeble engineering mind does not understand why they did not fit the unsealed side towards the axle seal with a little extra high temp grease between them. Or run the fully sealed unit just like an axle bearing. Paul.
Theres a seprate dust seal shown in the workshop manual and i had a quick look on mine and it seems to have one .
Does the dirt , dust and moisture make its way past the seal ?
(27-12-2011, 04:40pm)A^K^T Wrote: Theres a seprate dust seal shown in the workshop manual and i had a quick look on mine and it seems to have one .
Does the dirt , dust and moisture make its way past the seal ?
no mate. talking about the inboard side of the bearing.can't be seen unless you remove the sprocket carrier. Paul.