Pilot rd 3's (I'm impressed)
Just had a set of rd 3's fitted and went on the world domination 2 run over here in the west .
Very impressed with there performance . They handled everything thrown at them from tight twisties to extemely fuc#*ng (nothing over 100kmh of course) fast sweepers without a problem .
Never had a moment with them Pi_thumbsup .
Last tyres i had on was a rd 2 rear and a stickier pure on the front as i usually do but decided to give the matching pair ago this time and i'm glad i did .
They are most likely still a bit of a compromise (compared to the chewing gum rubber) but with the amount of miles i do (a lot) i can live with that and as i said they performed brilliantly over our 4 day weekend .
So if your looking for some decent grip and a lot of k's out of your rubber , i think that you could do a lot worse than these.

My 2 cents.
Just put a Pure on the front - see what you mean by chewing gumConfused only done a couple kms but already looking all squishy!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I've got Road 3's on mine...mainly because I picked them up cheap from a shop closing sale.

I have had the front on for over 6,000ks now and only just put the rear on.

Did a run down the Clyde last weekend and found them to be good, but couldnt give them a real test in my favourite corners due to the amount of traffic, and new gravely road works.

I have just noticed the front is scalloping in the right hand side of the tyre. There are 4 things that may have caused this.

1/ Since I put this tyre on I have found myself cornering harder, and also doing some harder braking.

2/ I have been running lower tire pressures (40) and found these felt better for me.....so with the above, the tyre may have been squirming more than normal.

3/ When I fitted up the rear, I string-lined the alignment and found the alignment with the old tyre is slightly different to the new tyre (yes wierd I know), so it the alignment may have been out for the last 6,000ks

4/ I have just had the suspension serviced, new springs and different valving in the front and I may have had the front a bit soft.

Since noticing the scalloping I have returned the tyres to 42 front and rear, and adjusted the front suspension to firm it up up bit, but still mainting a smooth ride. I think I had too much spring pre-load and not enough compression damping.

But all in all, I do seem to be hitting the corners and round-abouts in town harder.

I'll see how they go for the Tathra run :)

Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
I was so glad I had the 3's on my Busa for the run and they handled every thing I threw at them. Other wise I could have ended up like a certain other person Embarassed. We did 3500 hard K's on the weekend and mine still looks new. Love them Smitten.