Camera Poseidon HD720 ?
Anyone had any experience with these?

After a bit of a look around they seeeeeem to be pretty good.

Remote control start/stop that you can mount on the bars.
Uses a laser guide for lineup
120 degree viewing angle (good compromise)
HD720 video recording .avi files. - will suit my editing program.
standard SD card. up to 32gig
rechargable battery
video and HDMI direct output.
waterproof

As a bike camera it seems to tick all the boxes.
From what I've seen piccies look good for the price.

$104 delivered from HK.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these of has some horror story about them before I order one?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Looks ok.would like one myself.Being waterproof,be ok.not alot of cost to it.Ihave a few cameras.One more won`t hurt.
I've been looking at these for a while & there is a you tube review on them which rates them fairly well .http://www.dinodirect.com/tft-lcd-dvr-color-cmos-camera-420tvl-508dvr.html?cur=AUD&AFFID=74 The one your looking at sounds ok but check weather it has a remote record button or remote mic ( so you can have the mic in your helmet ). My Son
has just got a go pro which are unrivalled for quality results but has many
inconvenient features . You can now get after add on stuff from go pro to address these weaknesses but at a cost . The Chinese are starting to pump out some cheap reasonable quality video camera's now & just because their cheap Doesn't make them automatically rubbish . If you check you tube & the net for review's you may find a Quality bargain,but you need to do some research . I Know a 100 buck's is bugger all but you don't want to Throw it away . Happy hunting .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
I bought a contour hd just before my visit to hospital. Haven't been able to test it on the bike much but video quality is excellent and it supports 60fps at 720p which is awesome for motorbikes because you can play videos at half speed and still have 30fps.

Pretty small and easy to mount and use, two drawbacks
1. Sound is just wind on a bike, no engine noise, just wind. A sock over the cam fixes this.
2. You have to switch it on twice to record. Massive design flaw.

More pricey though
Camera turned up. Clap will test it out and give a report when I get a free moment. Biker
OK, camera works fine, colour good, quality acceptable (bit hard when all you have to compare it to is a $3000 unit) but the suction mount isn't stable enough. It gets too much shake and vibration. will need to try some other ideas. What do others do ????
Tried it stuck on the helmet. Better, but not as good as down low.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrVichayabusa?feature=mhee

might try and make up a couple of brackets to mount it to the fairing frame bolts? and another from the back. Want to get it right for Tathra.
looked ok here mate Pi_thumbsup
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
I Tried my sons GoPro mounted to the right hand Mirror stem ,But same thing Ward ,Shaky as . I've been checking the net for Anti vibration mount's .No luck yet & same as you mate works great on the helmet but don't like the angle as much as on the Mirror . You would think these Manufacturer's would incorporate Anti Shake that work's But they don't , not even in the Expensive GoPro ,Shit's Me .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
I personally use a Panasonic Lumix Pi_thumbsup

Has HD Video recording , Shock Proof ( Anti-Shake ) Dust & Water Proof !!

& when not riding it can be used as an everyday camera Very Happy

It is so good I've mainly used it to film countless Off Road Enduro Riding ,
Extreme weather , rain , bumps , crashes & dust & it works a treat Pi_thumbsup

No wind noise , just engine - Sweet Trophy
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
Here you go Wardy I have had good success with this mount are you using a go pro hd or something eles Ive had no real issues with any of the mounts I know Go pro is good gear & we all no the old saying about you get what you pay for.
Got mine from Pashnit in the US $280 del with a spare battery and I have bought a couple of mounts also.
Here's a good support Forum for Gopro http://goprouser.freeforums.org/index.php

This is a 50mm roll bar mount which you can also get 19mm
the suction mount worked well for me as did the clip in mounts that have 3m stick on bases straight or curved had one of these on the helmet at $2.7o + for an hour and got really good footage

" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Built a mount today, but The picture "waves" at speed. I first thought it may have been the lens distorting with wind pressure, but after some tests in and out of the fairing hand held I think it is because it is picking up vibrations thru the fairing.

Thanks for the photos, I'll try coming off a frame bolt.

So true - you get what you pay for - this camera is pretty average! - but I'll persist - unless it gives me the shits then I'll bin it and get the GoPro.
(02-11-2011, 01:24pm)Ward P Wrote: Built a mount today, but The picture "waves" at speed. I first thought it may have been the lens distorting with wind pressure, but after some tests in and out of the fairing hand held I think it is because it is picking up vibrations thru the fairing.

Thanks for the photos, I'll try coming off a frame bolt.

So true - you get what you pay for - this camera is pretty average! - but I'll persist - unless it gives me the shits then I'll bin it and get the GoPro.

Contour HD > Go Pro
At least check Amazon and forum reviews...
I've come off the same mounting point as "Driller"
- bit rough to look at but works great.
It's in a position that I can see if it's recording, and easy to get to the on/off and start/stop button.
Bonus: forward shot also shows some of the word Hayabusa from the fairing! So there's no mistaking what bike it's coming off.

all ready for Tathra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D7MJtm1Hg8
WooHoo....Good stuff, Wardy!!! Clap

Looks like we are gonna have LOTS of video footage from this years Loop Ride!!! Yes

Coolsmiley