It's been a hell of a crazy week....
....the type that I'm hoping I won't have again in a hurry!

First I got the terrible news that my nephews grandfather (my sisters ex-partners father) passed away in very bizarre and tragic circumstances! After having successful minor surgery at the local hospital, for reasons unknown at this stage, he wandered away from his recovery bed. He then wasn't located for more than 17 hours!!!! His body was eventually found in a mechanical plant room on the hospitals premises, with massive head injuries, being wedged into a small cavity area between a wall and a ledge.

There is reason to believe that he may have been groggy and disorientated from the anesthetic, and wandered into this mechanical plant room by mistake....but I find it alarming and highly disturbing that he could be allowed to walk straight passed nursing staff that were supposed to be caring for him, in such an obviously dazed and confused physical & mental state!?! Wtf

Another part of this sad situation that doesn't seem to make any sense to anyone (especially his wife of 53 years and his 4 sons) is the fact that this mechanical plant room that he accidentally walked into (which is full of heavy and high voltage machinery) was FULLY accessible to ANYONE!!?!! It is a room that should have been LOCKED, with staff ONLY having access...Wtf

There has been, right from the very start of this incident, many cover-ups and BS answers being given to the family about certain things such as times and events (ie: doors being left unlocked, CCTV monitoring, as well as so-called "extensive" searches being made)! There seems to be lots of staff and management ducking their heads, for obvious reasons...

I just hope and pray that he died very quickly, and was not subjected to a great deal of pain and suffering for hours upon hours...Undecided

After trying to make sense of this tragedy....I get to work the following day and some of my workmates drop another big bombshell on me and tell me that a fellow w/mate has died from an apparent suicide Wtf!!!

This w/mate was known to have a few mental health issues (ie: massive bouts of deep depression [possibly bi-polar?!?]), and because of such, wasn't exactly the most popular guy at work! He also didn't have a very good work history, having a few big "misdemeanors" in fairly quick succession! It was common knowledge that he had some massive demons that he continually tried his best to fight....but they have eventually got the better of him!

At the end of the day, to me, he was a genuinely good guy Coolsmiley....the type that I personally enjoyed working with, even when he was having a bad day and wasn't feeling quite "right".....

Well, that was one really crappy week just gone, and early next week will be a couple of funerals to attend....and like i said before....I hope I don't have another week like that for a LONG time to come, if ever again....

RIP Ariel and Steve....
may your angels guide you to a truly beautiful, painless and happy place, wherever that may be....

Coolsmiley

That's a sad and an indictment on the NSW health System, more likely to end up in trouble than fixed! Join you in hoping he didn;t suffer too much. maybe someone responsible needs a little suffering to stop this kind of irresponsible neglect from happening again.

I hope the suicide had a quick exit as well. At least he knew he was about to die so it wasn't a suprise fpor him.

RIP them both bloke.

That's not a hell of a crazy week Bazman...that's a shit week....one death is enough....keep ya chin up.
Frown xx
That suck's Paul. I know how you feel about your workmate at least...the last three funerals ive attended have all been suicides-my uncle, my ex's brother, and a good mate of mine....

After a very dark childhood i know the mindset of such thinking and know what it's like....nobody should ever have to take there own life....Rip to all those who do...happier day's alway's lay ahead.

Life's for living....
Sorry to hear Bazzman.
My sincerest condolences to the families and friends of Ariel and Steve.

The public health system always cover up their mistakes and it's a damn shame they won't take responsibility for their actions.

I completely understand with your workmate as I also live with mental illness (manic depression and bi-polar), the mood swings make it hard for other people to understand, but only good natured people obviously as yourself are tolerant and empathetic to such disorders.

I hope they are in a happy place now mate as it's a sad reminder for us all, that it's a blessing to have the people we know in our lives.
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
bazman im sorry to here of your horror week mate , i would like to pass on my condollances to you and all the family mate theres no words to make this all better , just know you have frends here ,

all the best mate