Car tyre Problem
Does anyone think i have good case for claim as you can see pleanty of tread still on tyres but savage bubble runs half way round the inside edge of tyre

Tyres are Achilles ATR Sports 245/35/20 on a VE Commodore

[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
How old is the rubber (time)?
(18-03-2011, 04:16pm)BJK1 Wrote: How old is the rubber (time)?

Not sure could not find date on tyre but car is only 4 years old
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Just quietly Rod find a decent pot hole on a road near you then call the council.

If you get my meaning
(18-03-2011, 03:58pm)ROD Wrote: Does anyone think i have good case for claim as you can see pleanty of tread still on tyres but savage bubble runs half way round the inside edge of tyre

Rod as long as there is no marks on the side wall which would indicate that you have hit a kurb it's certainly worth a try, you'll need to go to someone that sells them. It's a bit hard to tell from the Photos but is there a bulge in the tread section of the tyre or not if so it maybe a case that the steel belt has seperated which will cause that sort of issue and most times this is covered under warranty unless things have changed in the last few years.

Cheers Rev004
(18-03-2011, 07:24pm)Rev004 Wrote:
(18-03-2011, 03:58pm)ROD Wrote: Does anyone think i have good case for claim as you can see pleanty of tread still on tyres but savage bubble runs half way round the inside edge of tyre

Rod as long as there is no marks on the side wall which would indicate that you have hit a kurb it's certainly worth a try, you'll need to go to someone that sells them. It's a bit hard to tell from the Photos but is there a bulge in the tread section of the tyre or not if so it maybe a case that the steel belt has seperated which will cause that sort of issue and most times this is covered under warranty unless things have changed in the last few years.

Cheers Rev004

Yes there is a Groove in the tread if it was not half way around the tyre it would look like it has been parked with a flat tyre for a long period
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Most manufacturers will only usually give apro-rata claim, dependant on how much tread is left vs. what was on the tyre as new (this is how it was when I was a tyre fitter in a previous life anyway)....maybe different these days (if not harder, but to my eyes, looks like a manufacturing defect, so should not have any worries). Was that confusing, I need another bourbon!!!!
HI rod,

Got your PM.

There should be a date on the tyre. Most companies will accept a claim based on pro rata.

An example would be - Depth of tread 6mm new and $100.00 cost now 4mm so you get a $60.00 rebate of the new tyre.

I dont think it matters who owns the car. Of course the shop you take it too has to be willing to help you as well.

The distributor for Achilles in Qld is YHI 07 3379 7188. I will call Monday and get back to you.

Mick
Mick's Bike & Car Tyres Dyno Centre
Shed 1/6 Johnstone Rd Brendale
P: 3881 0033
F: 3881 2211
E: mick@mbct.com.au
W: www.mbct.com.au/
(19-03-2011, 07:31am)Wolf Wrote: HI rod,

Got your PM.

There should be a date on the tyre. Most companies will accept a claim based on pro rata.

An example would be - Depth of tread 6mm new and $100.00 cost now 4mm so you get a $60.00 rebate of the new tyre.

I dont think it matters who owns the car. Of course the shop you take it too has to be willing to help you as well.

The distributor for Achilles in Qld is YHI 07 3379 7188. I will call Monday and get back to you.

Mick

Thanks Mick im in Melbourne now and finding it verry hard to find a dealer so i think i will just cut my loss and get Four new Tyres

Thanks for your help Pi_thumbsup
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com