Buell footpegs
I have just ordered a set of Buell footpegs but I was looking at an old post here with a pic comparing the stock peg to the Buell one.
My question is has anyone just removed the rubber of the original pegs as it didn't look to be much in it except the rubber?
(31-07-2007, 10:08pm)pan Wrote:
ausdragbike Wrote:Whats the reason to fit buell pegs?

Long legs like them...

[Image: BuellpegsVSStockBusapegs.jpg]
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
(08-01-2011, 07:09pm)DAVE01 Wrote: My question is has anyone just removed the rubber of the original pegs as it didn't look to be much in it except the rubber?
You could do that...but it will look like shit. I'm sure I saw a couple of .org members saying they'd done it.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
I was thinking with a polish and thinner rubber fitted or even a billet cap it would look good,I will have a play and see what I can do for the hell of itVery Happy
I know Pan did it a LONG time ago. He cut groves into the metal to give it some grip though, looked fine (if you didn't look too close).
(08-01-2011, 07:27pm)DAVE01 Wrote: I was thinking with a polish and thinner rubber fitted or even a billet cap it would look good,I will have a play and see what I can do for the hell of itVery Happy

Hey Dave,
Where did you get the Buell pegs from? Billet cap would be worth a look let us know how you go.

Steve.
(08-01-2011, 10:00pm)Heidi1 Wrote: I know Pan did it a LONG time ago. He cut groves into the metal to give it some grip though, looked fine (if you didn't look too close).

But then He kept dropping His bike after that remember, that's when He wasn't parked in the sand trap
(09-01-2011, 08:25am)Steve46 Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 07:27pm)DAVE01 Wrote: I was thinking with a polish and thinner rubber fitted or even a billet cap it would look good,I will have a play and see what I can do for the hell of itVery Happy

Hey Dave,
Where did you get the Buell pegs from? Billet cap would be worth a look let us know how you go.

Steve.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hayabusa-...dZViewItem
I also have these fitted and got them from this bloke in the USA and they are ready to go with fitting instructions included
(09-01-2011, 08:25am)Steve46 Wrote:

Hey Dave,

Steve.
Steve I ordered them from here,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hayabusa-...975wt_1165
he is also on hayabusa.org
Dave

something to read
http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/members-me...wners.html
(08-01-2011, 07:09pm)DAVE01 Wrote: I have just ordered a set of Buell footpegs
Make sure you adjust the brake light actuator!
(09-01-2011, 11:34am)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 07:09pm)DAVE01 Wrote: I have just ordered a set of Buell footpegs
Make sure you adjust the brake light actuator!
ok thanks
I just walked into the local Harley dealership and got mine.
(09-01-2011, 12:10pm)Heidi1 Wrote: I just walked into the local Harley dealership and got mine.

Yeah...but you had to have them machined, right?
(09-01-2011, 12:10pm)Heidi1 Wrote: I just walked into the local Harley dealership and got mine.

i dont beleve whaqt im reading our heidi in a harley dealership Scary what next heidi in a dress LMAO
FUGGOF! I snuck in sideways and parked the busa round the back hoping like hell no-one saw me. Luckily I knew the guy who sold them to me, otherwise there could have been trouble.
(09-01-2011, 12:43pm)Heidi1 Wrote: FUGGOF! I snuck in sideways and parked the busa round the back hoping like hell no-one saw me. Luckily I knew the guy who sold them to me, otherwise there could have been trouble.

Lol2Lol2Lol2