which air filter is best?
My bikes due for a new air filter at its next service.

Which performance filter is best for improving performance? K&N, BMC, Pipercross?

Anyone got any recommendations based on experience?
been reading the hayabusa.org and the BMC seems to get the nod from most of the riders , im looking at a BMC very soon
Was a DNA that got me the 207HP Dyno photo that Bruce loves to hate. The rubber seal is busted though. Got a Pipercross Race on its way.
K & N s will last forever.
http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/Suzuki...en2-Intake
have BMC (red racer), great filter allows plenty breathing. clean every now and then. must be close to 8 yrs old and still in.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(08-01-2011, 08:13am)Volvi Wrote: have BMC (red racer), great filter allows plenty breathing. clean every now and then. must be close to 8 yrs old and still in.

are they a bugger to clean volvi ? and like K & N do you need a special spray like the K & N
Yeah, me likes my BMC.....no complaints here!!! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
hard to say which one is the best but DNA here and no complaints
it sounds like there all much of a much so to speak . they all do the same thing
Back to back runs with a stock filter versus BMC on a Gen 1 was zero improvement. Some model bikes do gain results from them some don't, but I haven't seen one as yet that lives up to the manufacturers claims when it comes to claimed Hp improvement.
when you did my bike the K & N filter made 2 hp difference
(08-01-2011, 06:23pm)Steve Wrote: when you did my bike the K & N filter made 2 hp difference

True Steve ............... what I wrote should have read as, I haven't seen one as yet that gives the amount of increase in Hp that it's claimed to give.
Also to note here that your Hp gained was after bike was mapped to suit not just put in place of the stock filter.
Some bikes do gain good rewards from after market filters and some don't
Hi Pete, I didnt mean anything by my post other than it was only a 2hp gain, I am sure they claim a lot more than that.
(08-01-2011, 12:30pm)big kev Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 08:13am)Volvi Wrote: have BMC (red racer), great filter allows plenty breathing. clean every now and then. must be close to 8 yrs old and still in.

are they a bugger to clean volvi ? and like K & N do you need a special spray like the K & N

actually I think i have the k&n kit to clean the bmc. nah not hard just follow instructions.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(08-01-2011, 10:47pm)Volvi Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 12:30pm)big kev Wrote:

actually I think i have the k&n kit to clean the bmc. nah not hard just follow instructions.

ok then thats the next item for the busa before rego thanks heaps volvi

"it sounds like there all much of a much so to speak . they all do the same thing".

I agree. My BMC is about 8-9 years-old too. Easy to clean and oil. Anyone of the reputable after market ones should be better than stock. Also, not much of a difference if all you do is commute on your bike with an occasional w/end blast.
Carpe Diem!