Rear Sets on the Gen II
Hi everyone,

I'm about to take delivery of my new Busa, but even before I get it I know from sitting on one that I'm going to want to change the peg height (I'm 6'4"). I'm not wanting to move the pegs back and up at all, just to give a little bit more room so that my legs can fit into the tank.

One thing that I did notice though, is that on the Gen II there is bugger all clearance between the exhaust and the pegs from stock, so they can only be dropped by about an inch. So I've got a couple of quesions please:

- In general, do rear sets come away from the bike further than stock pegs (trying to see if they will clear the pipes)?

I've noticed that there have been a few people talking about similar desires with leg clearance and rear seats:

- Are there more sets that people have found which do this?
(not just up and back)

- Are you running stock exhaust?
(the cans don't matter, it's the exhaust path that's in the way)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ross.
Hi mate do a search on Buel foot pegs, they are way cheaper than rearsets and will give you more leg room. I have buels and helibars on both my gen 1 and gen 2.

BTW I'm 6'-5" and rode the gen 2 around Australia in this format.
i have vario footpegs on my gen11 they rotate 360degrees and at the lowest point they are 30mm lower than stock they are an australian company and i found them brillant as i cant bend my right knee right back.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Sweet, thanks guys. Both options definately sound good. Are you both running stock exhaust setup (not necessarily cans)?
i have yoshi slip ons but they are the same set up as stock. i had stock pipes on when i first put the vario footpegs on and had no trouble with them thats why they only drop 30mm and the passenger ones drop 50mm.
(25-11-2010, 10:54am)grumpy Wrote: i have yoshi slip ons but they are the same set up as stock.

Ok, great. Well that's a positive, hopefully my wallet will be able to recover for a little while before I go out and do too many major mods to it :)

Thanks mate
Busas are like a drug once you start the bling you cant stop as soon as you,ve done on thing you,re looking for the next thing to do. Smitten
My gen2 with stock pipes and Buel pegs. No interference issues at all

[Image: DSC01063.jpg]