Radiator / oil guard
To all you mechanically inclined - help

I am heading to Tathra from Adelaide and we will be confronted by the great Locust swarms.
There are radiator guards on the BGW site and I am wondering if they are easy to install with out dismantling the bike down to one thousand parts before installing the mesh.
Is it difficult ? Read
Is it worth it ???? Idiot2
Are there alternatives apart from not attending the bash---- Frown

Thanks in advance

Yes

2fast4u
best is shade cloth, it absorbs the impact so they don't splatter as much ,and easier to remove and wash
probably best to carry some water and a cloth , your going to have trouble seeing before your bike gets hot !
Not many swarms out yet unless you go through northern vic , there only just beginning to fly from the local hatchings around Mildura , but there are a lot of blow ins from NSW with these hot northerlys but there not usually a dense swarm.
one hatching near home i can walk into the hoppers and swing my hand near the ground and catch a handfull, probably well over 100 of the little buggers
not sure about the Locusts but the Cox rad gaurds are good and easy to fit, I have them on mine.
Yes, I have the BGW Cox guard on my '06. They are piss-easy to install. Do it.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
Thanks all for the info...
Clap
I have Warp Speed guards on my B King [same as busa]. They are simple , work well, and are eazy to fit and remove for cleaning with cable ties. Bought through Petes Pitstop. Would not leave home without them !
+1 on the warp speeds. Had them on the TLR, mates CBR, RS250, and the Busa now. Easy to install and have not had a problem with them.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Yeah mate, as stated definately fit a radiator guard and an oil cooler guard. I've got warp speed guards on the busa and cox guards on the gixxer. If you do any low speed commuting I would fit the cox gaurds to your busa as the mesh is a much more open weave compared with the warp speed. With the US dollar so low the cox gaurds are also a good bit cheaper. I sliced sections of vacuum line tubing and urethaned them around the perimeter of the cox radiator guard. Didn't like the adhesive sections of foam that cox supplied. Over time I think they would have allowed the steel mesh to come in contact with the aluminium radiator tanks. The warp speed gaurds come with a pinched rubber around the edges. It is a shame the factory doesn't fit guards as standard equipment. Hope this helps, Paul Very Happy