Flashing the ECU
Hi, This might be a basic question to most, but as i haven't had anything to do with this side of things I have to ask.

I am due to hopefully take delivery of a new 2010 plated Busa.
I want to install twin slip on Yoshi R77 pipes (Carbon fibre)

I have been told it is best to get the ECU flashed rather than getting a power commander as you can remove limiters etc that cannot be done with power commander alone.

The question is as i am from Tasmania, can you send the ECU over to get flashed or is it a program like a power commander that you install on the bike?
Is the ECU the whole complete dash?

Like i mentioned, this probly is a basic question but I don't really know.Confused

Cheers.
hey bbluesilver,

Give Peter a holler, LOTS & LOTS of busa club members are more than happy with his work! Pi_thumbsup

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...on=profile&uid=2296

Coolsmiley
pete is a regular lenoard de-vinchi with the ECU flaching ,
BS (bluesilver as don't know your name ?) Sorry for not getting back to you re pm again but been flat out like a lizard drinking.
The ECU sits under your riders seat and is held in by a rubber band with two loom plugs going to it. You can send ECU and I can flash limiters no probs and even flash a fuel map. The problem with flashing a fuel map (on the bench) is that it is hit and miss without the bike to get fuel readings from. I have done one or two where we flashed the ECU and then the owner went and had the bike run to obtain fuel readings, we then trimmed map from the readings obtained. To simply load a map and not run the bike to obtain readings is a little to hit and miss for my liking and no better than down loading a fuel map of the net for a power commander, although a little better as the map at least is built on an Oz build bike.
Ok, Thanks, I am starting to get it all together now.
I can see what you mean buy wanting to put the bike on a dyno to get the mapping spot on, Just a bit harder for ma as I am from Tassie.

When you flash the limiters, dose this also take away the gear indicators or d they still remain?
No issue either way, just asking.

Can you also tell me price it is to get the ECU flashed as I am still interested in going this way when the bike arrives.

Cheers.
bbluesilver if just putting r77s on save your money the bike will adjust to them ok no problem.but if u put a k/n on then u have to get it done as the k/n will make it run lean ..
Lol2 Damn must be some very special models out there ?

Bbluesilver there is no magic "Busa Fairy" that tunes your bike ................... have it done and if your not over the moon with the result / difference then it's no charge. Thats FREE and there is no better savings than FREE.

Talk to the one's that have experienced the difference, for they know the difference.
You paid for desert now put the cherry on the top ...................... Pi_thumbsup
(26-09-2010, 06:02am)fasterfaster Wrote: Lol2 Damn must be some very special models out there ?

Bbluesilver there is no magic "Busa Fairy" that tunes your bike ................... have it done and if your not over the moon with the result / difference then it's no charge. Thats FREE and there is no better savings than FREE.

Talk to the one's that have experienced the difference, for they know the difference.
You paid for desert now put the cherry on the top ...................... Pi_thumbsup

Listen to him bluesilver..Ive sent u a pm as well mate.
Spools are on the way to you pete in my haste to ride bike home.

Richo
Got them thanks Richo and your stuffs on it's way also ............ blow off valve will follow within the week.
Cheers
(28-09-2010, 07:03pm)fasterfaster Wrote: Got them thanks Richo and your stuffs on it's way also ............ blow off valve will follow within the week.
Cheers

haha dont laugh mate im thinkin about it..gotta get used to the beast you have given me first.

Richo
Bluesilver, GET THE FLASHING DONE!!! Pete (FasterFaster) flashed my bike whilst on his dyno. I couldn't be happier. Whether you decide to change the pipes or not, I would still recommend getting it tuned/flashed - you will be surprised at the difference. My bike is way more rideable and predictable now (no lag down low before the big top end rush).

As for the comment on the bike running leaner with a K&N Filter, despite that making sense to my small brain, Pete actually "leaned" my bike off as it was running a bit too rich with the factory settings (I have a K&N Air Filter & slip-on Micron mufflers).

And, yes, you do get to keep your gear indicator.

Anyway, that;s my 2 cents worth.

Michael
(21-09-2010, 02:58pm)bbluesilver Wrote: Hi, This might be a basic question to most, but as i haven't had anything to do with this side of things I have to ask.

I am due to hopefully take delivery of a new 2010 plated Busa.
I want to install twin slip on Yoshi R77 pipes (Carbon fibre)

I have been told it is best to get the ECU flashed rather than getting a power commander as you can remove limiters etc that cannot be done with power commander alone.

The question is as i am from Tasmania, can you send the ECU over to get flashed or is it a program like a power commander that you install on the bike?
Is the ECU the whole complete dash?

Like i mentioned, this probly is a basic question but I don't really know.Confused

Cheers.

bbluesilver. We all know reflashing the ecu is the go, but if you don't need the speed limiter disabled,or the rev limit raised, or the ignition retards disabled, or a quick shifter. etc, what's wrong with a plain old remap?
Seeing as you are in Tasmania I would take it to Andrew Babcock (Fred) at Procycle Dyno in Hagley? and get it mapped using a PC5. Fred was the tuning technican at SERCO (the australian distributer for Dynojet) and he knows his stuff. Tell him Jim sent ya.
+1 for Fred {Andrew Babcock } is 1 of the best dyno operators around u wont go wrong there .

Mark
Bluesilver ................ plenty of options offered up for you. At the end of the day correct fueling is the desired result and how it's obtained doesn't matter as long as it's correct. You could always flash all the limiters in the ECU and then use a power commander to obtain your fuel map.
+1 again re Andrew knowing his stuff.
fasterfaster..........It has been a while, but there was a slight delay in the bike delivery and pipes.
I am keen to go with the flashing of the ECU.
Can I tried to send you a pm but it tells me you have disabled it.

This is what I have, a 2010 model Hayabusa and installed some Yoshi R77 twin slip ons. Currently only 300km on the clock.

I think from memory you mentioned that you have already done one or two with the exact same setup as mine (Yoshi R-77 twin slip ons). The full remap.

So I guess the question is, can I send the ECU over to you to get the full remap done for the Yoshi R-77 pipes? Or do you recommend against this?
( Just to make sure, the ECU is that thin black box under the riders seat about the size of a DVD case with two plugs going into it)?

I realize that it might not be 100% spot on without actually having the bike over there, But I am thinking that it has to be an improvement over what i currently have now with that flat spot on the bottom end that seams to be a common thing with these new model Busas.

If it is all ok to go Which is the best way to get the funds to you?
Postal money order with the ECU, paypal e.t.c

Also I guess an address on where to send it to.

If you could send me a PM on this and how to get hold of you, like email or different PM it would be appreciated.

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Cheers.