Getting to the GP undetected
I am riding over to the GP this year and would like to know if any one from the eastern states can tell me if the Beltronics Undetectable radar detector is truly undetectable as I don't want risk being caught with one. I know the Police will be paying particular attention to bike riders during this time.
Really looking forward to the ride over and hope to see some of you there. Hope the weather is good as I have heard it can be nasty.
If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes..
Just pack some warm clothes, it can get damn cold on the island.

Also interested to hear if these detectors are any good.
Getting to the island undetected? You could try riding at or under the speed limit?CoolsmileyLol2 Silly me...

In that case this is your only option:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

radar detectors are illegal in NSW and the fines are $$$$$$$ . there legal in WA . but there is a new varsion that is sold under the guise of a parking sensor from the guys that make them in WA check it out .
(02-09-2010, 05:02pm)big kev Wrote: radar detectors are illegal in NSW and the fines are $$$$$$$ . there legal in WA . but there is a new varsion that is sold under the guise of a parking sensor from the guys that make them in WA check it out .

Thanks Kev looks like they stop the laser from getting a fix on you but not sure if they work with the mobile Police units. I currently have a Beltronics XR70 which is detectable to the Police but they advertise an undetectable unit. I don't want to risk the big $$$$ fine if it does not work not to mention the cost of the unit its self.
yes there not a cheap unit
(01-09-2010, 11:38am)Lucky 85 Wrote: I am riding over to the GP this year and would like to know if any one from the eastern states can tell me if the Beltronics Undetectable radar detector is truly undetectable as I don't want risk being caught with one. I know the Police will be paying particular attention to bike riders during this time.

hey Lucky 85,

if ya wanna be 100% sure to be not detected, ya could always juz turn ur unit off and juz try to stick to the speed limit? I know that's prolly not the answer u were lookin' for, but they can't detect a unit that ain't switched on, can they? Pi_thumbsup

good luck with it and hope ta meet ya at the island (a few of us will most prolly be meeting up at the "Euphoria Cafe" on Thompson Street in Cowes, either Fri or Sat night)

Coolsmiley
could someone PM me a web site or phone number to buy one of them would be very interested
to have a look thanks

wayne
Will I Ever Learn ??? Probably Not Police
http://www.beltronics.com/

http://www.dontgetcaught.com.au/home.html

http://radars.com.au/

that should get ya started, wayne
These are supposed to be the sh|t .... anyone know anyone running one?

Bel STi XR - 100% Undetectable Radar Detector "AU/NZ"
Egos; everyone got one
Beltronics STi is undectable but need to conseal under faring so it can not be seen. Will detect road side radar cameras.
Travelling cars as long as other cars are in area and they try to detect cars ahead. Need some one in front not always the case on a Hayabusa.
Beltronics will pick up laser but just to inform that you have been caught.
Experiened a M-27 Rider Laser Jammer by Cheetah but it has to be focused on the road level and is very difficult to conseal. Used correctly can mess with laser.
Above equipment is expensive, some obvious on bike and will only let you get away with moderate over limit at best. If you go past at 240 anyone can see that.
Also does not take into account of aircraft and the dreaded fixed camera. I have ignored a gps warning on this and paid the price.
Best option is 1000 plus bikes and ride mid pack.
Poor option is sell Hayabusa become a boring erectile law abidding scooter rider limited to 80 km /hr output.
I dont remember voting for any of these restrictions but remember it is for your safety??? State revenue.
(02-09-2010, 08:18pm)heavensdoor Wrote: Beltronics STi is undectable but need to conseal under faring so it can not be seen. Will detect road side radar cameras.
Travelling cars as long as other cars are in area and they try to detect cars ahead. Need some one in front not always the case on a Hayabusa.
Beltronics will pick up laser but just to inform that you have been caught.
Experiened a M-27 Rider Laser Jammer by Cheetah but it has to be focused on the road level and is very difficult to conseal. Used correctly can mess with laser.
Above equipment is expensive, some obvious on bike and will only let you get away with moderate over limit at best. If you go past at 240 anyone can see that.
Also does not take into account of aircraft and the dreaded fixed camera. I have ignored a gps warning on this and paid the price.
Best option is 1000 plus bikes and ride mid pack.
Poor option is sell Hayabusa become a boring erectile law abidding scooter rider limited to 80 km /hr output.
I dont remember voting for any of these restrictions but remember it is for your safety??? State revenue.

This info is all correct according to my research.

If we went by statistics though every time I got a speeding ticket, it's 50/50 from a cop wielding laser gun around a bend you can't see, or a cop from behind with a radar detector built in to their car/motorbike.
So you'll have to have a laser jammer like the one mentioned and the radar detector - good news is they sell package deals.

Most important thing is if you do have the laser jammer, practice turning the fucker off after you brake from the positive reading. Similar with the bel: cop switches on a radar and instantly sees your bike slowing down violently...both result in the suspicion that you probably don't have supernatural powers, and are more likely to have aggressive technology installed.

But if you're smart (and you probably are if you can afford them) they'll pay for themselves eventually.
"it's a light difractional diffussion plate cover , it blurr's out the digit's from an angle.."

Where would one get one of these if something of this nature was available?