Pair Mod
Does anyone know what size object fits in the pair valve hose ???
I have read that if you use a marble to block it, but I would worry that if it broke there would be little bits of glass finding its way into the motor.
The next time I take my fairing off is when my r55 arrives and I hope to have a stainless steel ball bairing ready to insert into the pair hose.
I have turned the house upside down looking for a marble to measure and am thinking of hanging around the tin lids down the road lol

Cheers Mick
Wow man, if the marble breaks im pretty sure you have bigger problems!!! They dont just break on their own!
I pity the fool who goes out tryin' a' take over da world, then runs home cryin' to his momma!
Gday Mick,
For what its worth, i have a 4>1 Brocks Full System on my K9.
As part of the Exhaust, i was given a black plastic/rubbery cap which neatly fits over the plastic "Flange/Donger thingo" which is on the RHS of the Airbox.
The "Donger" is the "Thingo" that the PAIR Hose slips over, at the Airbox.

So measuring the diameter of the "Donger" (a good job for a woman perhaps? Lol3 ) and a quick trip to the local Hardware Store may be better than a Marble in the Hose?!

Hope this helps?

Im also hoping my Technical Descriptions are understandable! Very Happy

Matt.
You can buy Gen 2 pair valve kit that gets ride of the lot
if I can find the link I'll put it up
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09-Suz...ccessories

Then you can get of all the rubish Pi_thumbsup

or just stick a marble in the pipe that goes to the valves
i have used a fishing sinker in previous bikes
Thank you Kind people for your knowledge and time. The plates sound like the go Simmo. I have been bitten from paypal before but might take a chance again as this seems the best option
Clap
Cheers Mick
There is always the pack of 5/8" plastic caps from Bunnings for a few bucks.. And you'll get a few spares for your mates!
(05-08-2010, 10:19am)Suz#5 Wrote: Thank you Kind people for your knowledge and time. The plates sound like the go Simmo. I have been bitten from paypal before but might take a chance again as this seems the best option
Clap
Cheers Mick
SAE autlaw also have a good blockoff plate, bit more expensive as billet but looks good if you ever lift the tank
http://www.saeoutlawperformance.com/
Pete stocks them and i get an order in from SAE occasionally , Mike is happy to send to Aussie
I wish I had asked Pete first as I have already ordered them for $41.27au
delivered from 6sigmaengineering
Cheers Mick
Mick when they arrive check the size and if there half a hole out they are for GSXR 1000 (Don't stress if they are as Sigma refunded money to me)

[attachment=9985]
Scary Cheers Pete,
I hope he has learned the error of his ways and gets it right.
Got my plates and put them on.
You were right Pete, the holes were out. Lucky they are a bit bigger so I filed them to size. Made gaskets myself ( should be provided I say )and all seems ok. Left the bracket on and slid the wiring harness between the arms of the bracket.
Man they are the thickest reed valves i have ever seen.
What are they quarter gauge or what lol.
Purchased 5/8 plastic caps 6 for $2.?? from bunnings ( thanks daaef )and was a bit loose, and the clamps from the pair were to big so i wrapped some insulation tape around the pipe that comes off the air filter, pushed the cap on and then some more insolation tape around the rubber and pipe to make sure it stays there.
Come on R55. 4 weeks and counting
Cheers Mick
NYUCK, NYUCK, NYUCK, NYUCKSmitten

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)