group ride/discount
any queenslanders/ nth nsw wanting to get together and go sky diving, thought it would be a good ride/ get together as well. should be able to pull some good group discounts

I use to fly and jump for for a nsw dz as well, if anyone wants to organize one down nsw/canberra way i can hook you up with the right people.

a group of friends up here want do it up here and i thought maybe a club think would be a good idea
G'day mia06,

which DZ are u at? I'm heading up north this winter, would be good to catch up for a ride/jump while I'm up there!

baz.
Coolsmiley
Al whats that old saying you Pilots always quote ?
Something about only a dickhead jumps out of a perfectly good plane ? Lol2
Bit like gliders ............... every landings a forced landing Coolsmiley
i dont mind a bit of a adrenilen rush incase you haven't noticed there mio6Scary
great idea , ride and then jump and then ride home , i'd be keen for sure.
I'd be shitscared, but I'd like to give it a go. Are you talking experienced jumpers or first-timers?
Sorry Al, I'm with Pete. Why jump out of perfectly good planes? Don't quite agree with the gliding bit though!!
most dz do both tandem and cater for fun jumpers (APF qualified jumpers)

Was thinking byron or coffs forthe qld/nth nsw people

and i still have contacts down south either dono or the guy who taught me tuddy(retired sas ) without doubt one of if not the best skilled instructors in australia

or
dono (Was learning when i was,Scary) taught by tuddy if my memory serves me right

http://askydive.com/photo_gallery.htm

i am sure i could pull a few strings on cost

pete and gc
" i had a old tshirt which read everyones dies but not everyone lives,"
i dont want to be 90 on my death bed looking back thinking i wish i had of.experienced more of what was on offer in life..

it is one hell of a rush.

skydivers , they dont care if you are rich or poor,a brain surgeon or garbo collector,young or old.. one of the few places i found that everyone was treated as an equal due to that one thing in common
Yes, but will they boot your sorry arse out of the plane if you chicken out? At the last minute I'd probably need someone to grab me by the scruff and the seat of the pants and throw me bodily out. I reckon that sounds like the bad bit, the rest would be a rush!
Ok mia06,

....let's cane this puppy !!!! Pi_thumbsup

Post up another thread with a place (will need to be a DZ with a big plane and a few extra TM's) & a date (a 3 day w/end for the long-distance travellers....ie: fri - ride to venue; sat - jump & loop ride day; satnite - debrief [read:piss-up & b/s] session; sun - ride home).

Get a list up of club members that are GENUINELY (ie: $$$ deposit down) interested in this activity, book 'em in......& then we can sit back & wait for an extremely exciting weekend to arrive!!!! Yes

"Skydiving - the most fun u can have with (or without) clothes on"!!! Pi_thumbsupScaryPi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
(18-03-2010, 11:09am)bazman Wrote: Ok mia06,

....let's cane this puppy !!!! Pi_thumbsup

Post up another thread with a place (will need to be a DZ with a big plane and a few extra TM's) & a date (a 3 day w/end for the long-distance travellers....ie: fri - ride to venue; sat - jump & loop ride day; satnite - debrief [read:piss-up & b/s] session; sun - ride home).

Get a list up of club members that are GENUINELY (ie: $$$ deposit down) interested in this activity, book 'em in......& then we can sit back & wait for an extremely exciting weekend to arrive!!!! Yes

"Skydiving - the most fun u can have with (or without) clothes on"!!! Pi_thumbsupScaryPi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley

ok. who has the the nerve for real. The fastest hyper sport bike riders are not a pack of softies are we ????

potential dates and suitable times and numbers needed whilst i work on costs

i think this might have to be divided into several dz locations
Quote:ok. who has the the nerve for real. The fastest hyper sport bike riders are not a pack of softies are we ????

count me dude ! if we get enough member we could do a formation kanji ,lol
Count me in as a strong tentative, I think but then Im not sure.......
mia06,

Yes I'm DEFINATELY IN !!!! Pi_thumbsup

but don't put me in with the main group for a 1st-timer discount rate.....I'm like u mate, I already get a huge $$$ reduction on my jumps! Wtf lol

Coolsmiley
ok

Been in touch with tuddy (bill)(all round good guy) who instructs and does tandem jumps
he has jumped all over oz and i have asked him to recommend a few dz which cater for both tandem AFF (accelerated free fall course) and fun jumpers alike

So far i see interest from only nsw contingency. he is based in hunter valley area and wouldn't mind a ride down that way if it suits rest of group

again we need a few more hands up for this wheres all our vic and qld members ..hedi, pete, gcbus,bus666, diablo,legend,maj,blackzook,simmo,busgo,bikerboy,greeny,bigkev etc
surley hb1300 wont say no to the challenge

there drop ones in your area

this might help explain the feeling of skydiving as a student

http://skysurfer.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=2841&pid=34766&mode=threaded&show=&st=0