Dusty
so we have had a tradie here for last mth doing some outdoor tiling.
he has been fantastic...until today.

i hear him cutting the tiles. no woriies. a few hrs later my 11 yo daugter comes in and says u know there is a fair bit of dust in the garage.
what do u mean?
from the man.

i pop in there the whole f*&^ing garage is covered in slate dust.
he been cutting slate tiles in there with a huge industiral cutter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my bike is covered in it
my jacket
my trailor with all my f*&^ing dj gear.
about 1/8 inch of dust on EVERYTHING in the garage.
yeah he goes there is a bit of dust
BIT OF f*&^ing DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tried to keep my cool.
he knew i wasn't happy and called it quits for the day.
neighbour lent me a blower.
took everything out the bike was a disaster.
blew it all down then carefully sprayed the bike with water then washed it.

WHAT WAS HE THINKING?????????
It's amazing how many people have absolutely no respect for other peoples' gear. His car is probably a shitbox and his house will resemble the local refuse centre.
actually this guy is so particular about his work that I reckon he was just so focussed on the job that he had a complete blonde moment.
His work is fantastic
(24-11-2009, 05:04pm)DjPete Wrote: ...WHAT WAS HE THINKING?????????

He wasn't thinking, he was looking at the job in the cutter being the spot on tradey you reckon he is (of course, you gotta cut a lot of slate to put an 1/8 of dust over a whole garage) He did, however take a fair old shortcut by cutting them dry. Wet cutting is much more civilised. You just have to be organised so you can allow them time to dry before you glue them down.
well not an 1/8th.
but there was a lot
(24-11-2009, 10:47pm)DjPete Wrote: well not an 1/8th.
but there was a lot

When I read the post heading I Thought you were refering to your genitals.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
What a scumbag!
I reckon it might be more of a case of "NFI". The guy sounds like a great tradie, but obviously that's his whole life. Seems like he knows very little of anything outside of his trade. Undoubtedly he would have had no idea what your DJ gear is worth & the bike, Well!!!! That's "just a bike" isn't it???
I'll bet the thought to cover things just never entered his mind.

The gents in our office building is very nice, fully tiled floor to ceiling. On the wall there is a large patch of "dots".
Some tradie has been doing some plimbing work, cut the steel piping with a grinder & sprayed the sparks all over the wall.
Hot sparks melt the glaze on the tiles & voilah, you have non-slip walls with little bits of metal melted into the tiles.
(24-11-2009, 11:02pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(24-11-2009, 10:47pm)DjPete Wrote: well not an 1/8th.
but there was a lot

When I read the post heading I Thought you were refering to your genitals.
the heading would have been.
"as new condition, never used" then greeny
Coolsmiley
(25-11-2009, 07:10am)Louwai Wrote: I reckon it might be more of a case of "NFI". The guy sounds like a great tradie, but obviously that's his whole life. Seems like he knows very little of anything outside of his trade. Undoubtedly he would have had no idea what your DJ gear is worth & the bike, Well!!!! That's "just a bike" isn't it???
I'll bet the thought to cover things just never entered his mind.

The gents in our office building is very nice, fully tiled floor to ceiling. On the wall there is a large patch of "dots".
Some tradie has been doing some plimbing work, cut the steel piping with a grinder & sprayed the sparks all over the wall.
Hot sparks melt the glaze on the tiles & voilah, you have non-slip walls with little bits of metal melted into the tiles.
maybe I can understand that a little as a one off but in this case he was walking in and out of the garage to cut tiles and must have seen the mess each time...??
Anyway all cleaned, well most of it.
hope he comes back today.
what would u have done? I kid u not the bus was covered in the shit.
One cut may have been acceptable , but to keep cutting with no idea of your surroundings is negligent & lazy. Get him to give you a discount on the work he has done.