New Busa Owner
Hi All

I have been a 1000cc man for most of my riding life. My last bike was an 06 ZX10R, I'm not going to rubbish it as it was an awesome bike.
I promptly wrote it of in 08 through no fault of my own, car driver didn't see me collected me and sent me flying into a fence. I did a lot of damage to my left leg as i was wearing Dragon jeans that do noting to protect you from impact (won't make that mistake again). Anyway early this year I was bike shopping for a new used bike to get back on and ride again. I was looking at an 04-05 ZX10R or the same in an R1 when a friend suggested a Busa. I laughed out loud and made the ignorant statement of " I don't just wanna go fast in a straight line I want something that handles". Well I ended up spotting a 2002 model GSX1300R at a dealer for a song and after one test ride I'm converted. Anyone who says a Busa doesnâ€t handle has never ridden one. Truly an amazing bike and although I'm already looking at the new Busa I could never get rid of this one.
Thanks guys for this wonderful site to just what I was looking for.
Welcome to the club Max, nice to have you here. What colour did you get and where are you based? If you keep an eye on the site you can usually pick up a ride with members. No-one is going to rubbish your previous bikes, we all had them. I still loved every moment of my Bandit 12 and get excited every time I see one!
Welcome Grouphug steve hows the work shop going? down the gong mate hope all is well mate glad to see you got a big boys bike now
(03-11-2009, 02:45pm)big kev Wrote: Welcome Grouphug steve hows the work shop going? down the gong mate hope all is well mate glad to see you got a big boys bike now

hey BK, it's a different maxpower, me thinks. Steve can't handle 1300cc's m8 ! Lol3
Clap Clap Clap
G'day Maxpower,

Welcome to the club, m8 ! Post up some pics soon so we can drool over your new ride ?!?

keep it fun,
bazman.
Coolsmiley
Welcome to the club Maxpower (lucky it's not Max Hardcore!)....everyone here, including me, will tell you that getting a Busa is the best move you'll ever make. You won't find a nicer bunch of people than you will in this club. Join in the forums, and get out and meet the people behind those logon names. Ride safe.
welcome man... its true! dont bag it, until you try it... and when you do -hold on!lol
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Welcome Maxman enjoy then start blinging Biker
Welcome :)
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I'm from Melbourne and am always up for a ride. I'm leaving Friday on the snowy trip so might meet some of you guys up there.
I'm not this Steve bloke by the way.
I have attached some pics of her for you all.
Maybe this is not the place to ask and if not let me know but I have a single Yoshi RS3 pipe. Can anyone briefly tell me did the bike come out with a single pipe? Has it been coverted? Advantages/Disadvantages? Because let me tell you it sounds bloody beautiful

Thanks Again        
Yes your bike has been converted. Originally the Busa came with 2 cans.

Advantages: Less weight and more top end power

Disadvantages: Slight reduction in mid range torque, not that you would notice it.

P.S. Nice looking bike, we will say hi if we see you at the Snowy Ride.
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
G'day buddy and welcome to the family!! All Busa's come out standard with a twin system. Converting to single is definitely an advantage in that you lose quite a bit of weight and gain a bit of power. In all honesty I am not a big fan of the single system just for the simple fact that I like the balanced look of the twin system. I dont mind the extra weight to have the look.
Hope you are liking the new bike anyway and will catch you around.
Welcomemate
born to be mild
Welcome to the Australian Hayabusa Forum. We hope you enjoy your time here.
Don't forget to have a quick read of the Forum Standards and Rules (S&R) which are in the "New Members" section.