Metzeller M1's
I recently (about 6 weeks ago) purchased new M-1's , rear only lasted 3000km .The front is 50% gone. I was hopeing to get double that mileage and a bit more. Good price though $350 brand new fitted.

On the cold sleety roads and they feel like your riding on marbels even at slowish speeds and didnt offer any confidence in the wet.

I won't be using them again.
Thanks for the heads up Pi_thumbsup
I used to run a M3 on the front. Got an average of 10,000klm out of each one. (had 3) No slipping issues which is why I kept using them. (was in Melbourne at the time)

I've got 2CT's on now.
Tried M1's myself as I got them cheap. Got about 3k out of the rear before it wore down to the belt. Pretty grippy in the dry and quick steering tyre.
Tried M3's but disappointed in the milage. Got around 5k out of the rear and 8 for the front. Grip wasn't great either. Prefer my current dunlop roadsmarts.
I had/used the M1's in Germany and I think those tires are pretty good but unfortunately the roads here are crap and they will deteriorate quickly.Also keep in mind that tires here will get different wear patterns due to the so many differnt tarmac/asphalt/concrete surfaces that are used in our states,so when a comparison is done alot of these and other factors should be taken in account .IMO here in Queensland tires wear quicker and grip can be an issue when the roads get too hot,no matter what hoops you have on.It would also be a good idea to check why tires are being sold at a dirt cheap price????The manufacture date is on the side of the tire and usually comes in an embossed oval shape form with 4 numbers in it.The first two numbers indicate the amount of weeks when they where made and the last two are the year IE:1608 that means that it was made in April of 08 and so on.Vulcanizer's don't tell you this especially if they bought a shit load at a throw away price and they are being off loaded onto the Aussie market and they/you can bet your sweet ass that they will be sold/bought by the locals due to the price just to find out that the grip is shithouse not because of the tire but something as simple as the fact that its been sitting there for 3 or more years.