borrowing tools
hey there guys just letting you know that i have an oil fileter removel tool for the busa's and i have a fork seal tool also avalible to lend to all members in australia

cheers guys
A few weeks back i spent no bs 3 hours trying to get the oil filter off, first i broke my oil filter wrench that i have for the car , I bent a few small screwdrivers as well trying to get it undone, then i stuck a large screwdriver right through the end of it and levering it off.

Next time big kev i'll be sure to borrow your special tool.
any time mate i have them sitting here an as my mum say share your toys keven lol so im shareing
I've got a special one that works well, 3 jaws with a 3/8 drive socket input, stick a longish extension thru the gap between 2 & 3 header & off it pops. One of the best investments in my tool box.
sweet azz mate im just trying to be help full mate cheers
anyone got a tool to remove a swingarm off a gen1?
Never lend out garden tools or your wife cos they always come back fkd
Clap Lol2 Lol2 Lol2 very true pommie
I once thought about having a "library" of tools for club members to borrow off. But the what ifs put me off, thought about maybe a bond, but then what if tool is worth 300 odd etc. etc. so didnt bother, but i wonder if its an idea, an idea that cant be abused?
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
very true volvi but im happy to lend my tools only to other members mate with no stress just as long as they return it the same way the recived it

i work on trust volvi an yes some will say it will bite me in the ass but im happy to be the first person to try this system with in the club volvi

i think its worth a go what do you recon ??
Well seeing you initiated this concept perhaps you might undertake to be the clubs co-ordinator for the lending of tools to club members. Some suggestions:

You keep a register of tools available and from whom.
No costs should be borne by lender so a suitable pre-paid bag be mailed to him by borrower.
Borrowers must be members who have been a member longer than..... and perhaps have posted a minimum of.... posts.
You co-ordinate any bond if one is required.
Perhaps a seperate Thread be created for this purpose for which you can be moderator.
Solicit members to volunteer offering any special tools they may have that is suited for the busa and register their details.

Just some ideas to ponder over.

I can offer a special "Cluth Basket (holder) Tool" towards your inventory.

Over to you.

any other suggestions by members are welcomed.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
ok sweet im happy to do that but am unsure of whom to speak to as the moderators volvi

but im happy to moderate the thread i just need help to know how to do it is ther a moderatorin sydney i could talk to over the fone volvi?

but over all im happy to kick it off with the 2 tools that i have
(27-07-2009, 12:51pm)Volvi Wrote: Well seeing you initiated this concept perhaps you might undertake to be the clubs co-ordinator for the lending of tools to club members. Some suggestions:

You keep a register of tools available and from whom.
No costs should be borne by lender so a suitable pre-paid bag be mailed to him by borrower.
Borrowers must be members who have been a member longer than..... and perhaps have posted a minimum of.... posts.
You co-ordinate any bond if one is required.
Perhaps a seperate Thread be created for this purpose for which you can be moderator.
Solicit members to volunteer offering any special tools they may have that is suited for the busa and register their details.

Just some ideas to ponder over.

I can offer a special "Cluth Basket (holder) Tool" towards your inventory.

Over to you.

any other suggestions by members are welcomed.

(27-07-2009, 01:48pm)big kev Wrote: ok sweet im happy to do that but am unsure of whom to speak to as the moderators volvi

but im happy to moderate the thread i just need help to know how to do it is ther a moderatorin sydney i could talk to over the fone volvi?

but over all im happy to kick it off with the 2 tools that i have

Fellers what a great idea. I like the trust concept it is something that I use all the time and like to think the better in people and yet still to be bitten so I say go for it.

Big Kev would agree with Volvi's suggestions and maybe when you set it up you have a proticol that people have to abide to like you mentioned you want the tools back in the same state so if you break you replace for example.

Cheers Rev004.
thanks REV im looking for ideas all the time i work on trust with alot of things in my life
kev you are awesome to say the least..

you are a trusting soul.

and i think its bloody great that you offer your tools.

im chuffed at thinking what a nice bloke you are!