Double Demerits
Advertised on TV double demerits in NSW this weekend, reckon its cos of the holiday (Long live Queenie) Anyway dunno if its a national thing but keep your eyes peeled for Mr PlodPolicePolice
I don't think it applies in South Australia. I have friends who swear it does but I can't find anything to support them. If anyone can provide evidence that the Public Holiday-Double demerit rule applies in SA I'd be very interested to see it.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
(01-06-2009, 10:27pm)TempOzzy Wrote: I don't think it applies in South Australia. I have friends who swear it does but I can't find anything to support them. If anyone can provide evidence that the Public Holiday-Double demerit rule applies in SA I'd be very interested to see it.

According to a mate on another site there was one last weekend in WA but as the cops were on a work to rule or sommat like they they sat infront of the speed camera with their lights flashing.
I beleive that if you have a NSW license the double demerits apply nationally on double demerit periods (but I dont know for sure). So when the offence is "transfered" the points are deducted as though the offence occured in NSW.
Cheers
(02-06-2009, 10:27am)steventh Wrote: I beleive that if you have a NSW license the double demerits apply nationally on double demerit periods (but I dont know for sure). So when the offence is "transfered" the points are deducted as though the offence occured in NSW.
Cheers

Yep it happened to me Pi_freak booked in Qld & doubled up back here
(01-06-2009, 10:27pm)TempOzzy Wrote: I don't think it applies in South Australia. I have friends who swear it does but I can't find anything to support them. If anyone can provide evidence that the Public Holiday-Double demerit rule applies in SA I'd be very interested to see it.

Temp Ozzy, straight from the horses mouth, just rang a traffic cop Mate, known him since grade 1 primary school. He said , No double demerit points apply in SA at all, never got past SA parliament.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(03-06-2009, 08:54pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:

Temp Ozzy, straight from the horses mouth, just rang a traffic cop Mate, known him since grade 1 primary school. He said , No double demerit points apply in SA at all, never got past SA parliament.

That is bloody fantastic news. I was starting to think we had some of the harshest laws in the country, especially the hoon, bikie ones etc (Not that I ever break any of themLol3).
Maybe things aren't so bad here after all. Thanks Greeny.Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
(03-06-2009, 08:54pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Temp Ozzy, straight from the horses mouth, just rang a traffic cop Mate, known him since grade 1 primary school. He said , No double demerit points apply in SA at all, never got past SA parliament.

WooHoo Pi_tongue

Thanks greeny Clap

Pitty it's gunna Storm all long weekend
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
NO bike riding this weekend ... groan
Egos; everyone got one
If you don't ride because there are DDs why bother riding at all?
There are points on offer every time you get on your bike.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
DD's are put out there so often, why not just make it permenant???
That'd be a way of ensuring the public transport system is more utilised. :)
Heaps of people would be without a licence.................
I don't ride on DD weekends, it just isn't worth the risk to my license being 20 or so kms over the limit. I'll commute, I just don't RIDE.
(05-06-2009, 09:35am)Louwai Wrote: DD's are put out there so often, why not just make it permenant???
That'd be a way of ensuring the public transport system is more utilised. :)
Heaps of people would be without a licence.................

The State's couldnt afford the loss in revenue from reduced fines due to the amount of banned drivers
There is a difference riding DD weekend and riding normally - 20kms over the limit wont get you into much trouble generally on normal riding days but DD days they dont have any compassion or common sense and will book full kilt - thats why I dont ride DD weekends common sense really :P
Egos; everyone got one
Buggered if I know how they do it but some can ride within the speed limit and still have fun.

Lets not confuse common sense with self control.

In my experience, once you get off the major highways on DD weekends the patrols are very few and far between.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO