Silly Question
Having only just picked up my bike. I know nothing about its maintainance. And Its a far cry from my 1100R Katana... I have no manuals or anything like that... until I get the appropriate material, Is there a thread anywhere here that covers the nuts and bolts, and an interim thing...

Cheers Shawn

Is it a 08 - 09

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...php?fid=45
Whats an 1100R Katana ????

Leonard.
Legend Wrote:Whats an 1100R Katana ????

Leonard.
The bike Sold 18 years ago Leonard. the were normally silver, radical shape for the times. but mine was canary yellow, ex production racer...fastest bike around at the time. only a handful of wire wheelers were made, with all the trick bits on em, just enough to be a "Production Model" Lol3
http://www.extremebusa.com/extreme/onlin...anual.html
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Shawn Wrote:
Legend Wrote:Whats an 1100R Katana ????

Leonard.
The bike Sold 18 years ago Leonard. the were normally silver, radical shape for the times. but mine was canary yellow, ex production racer...fastest bike around at the time. only a handful of wire wheelers were made, with all the trick bits on em, just enough to be a "Production Model" Lol3

Only owned and ever saw 1100S katana's ....learn something new everyday !

Leonard.
ohdear Wrote:Aaah the Kat Smitten>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> designed by Hans Munch designer of the bike of the same name I believe ? And wasn't the fabric seat a bastard to clean ? Nor could one forget that everytime the front indicator got bumped it tore the front bikini fairing in half or if you didn't run a front radial tread type tyre it tank slapped like a wild bitch >>>>>>>>>>>>> ask Robbie Phyllis Scary

Thats the one....Very Happy
I had a wire wheeled Katana it was a good bike, it always had just a bit more go than the other Katana's around the place.
You whipper snappers, if memory serves me correctly, it was designed by the concept designer at Porsche, very radical in it's time. Two wheels described it as a gawdy hunchback spaceman. In the castrol 6 hour race they managed to get a rear wheel change down to 12 seconds or so!
There was also a 650 katana which had red in the colour scheme. The name katana means a sword in Japanese.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
I remember my uncles Kat, silver with a custom airbrush tank. Was an awesome looking bike. Always remember him on that with another uncle on his xj turbo & riding on the back with dad on his cx750 (with an ex speedway sidecar engine). Fond memories. Smitten
Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:You whipper snappers, if memory serves me correctly, it was designed by the concept designer at Porsche, very radical in it's time. Two wheels described it as a gawdy hunchback spaceman. In the castrol 6 hour race they managed to get a rear wheel change down to 12 seconds or so!
There was also a 650 katana which had red in the colour scheme. The name katana means a sword in Japanese.

The 650 was a shaft drive, horrible ride....Undecided
Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:You whipper snappers, if memory serves me correctly, it was designed by the concept designer at Porsche, very radical in it's time. Two wheels described it as a gawdy hunchback spaceman. In the castrol 6 hour race they managed to get a rear wheel change down to 12 seconds or so!

The 650 was a shafty, and a very nice bike to boot. Still got one!!! (Albeit in a few piecesSmitten)
It's a week by week charade.