Removing the "S" tank badges?
One of the tank badges on my bike is scratched from the previous owner and I would like to replace it.

I assume these are just glued on and can be removed as per normal stickers? Or is there a trick to these??
yeah mate there just a thick sticker i pulled mine off as soon as i got the bike and havent looked back
Regards

Dan
Bit of heat with a hairdrier will soften the glue
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
Dan85 Wrote:yeah mate there just a thick sticker i pulled mine off as soon as i got the bike and havent looked back

Must admit I have never liked the look of those S's.
Don't think it suits the Bus...but who am I to judge
the k8 looks miles better with a few stickers removedGhastly
Regards

Dan
Hmmm me wondered about removing them, I seriously looked tonight and thought a nice rainy day job.
Rainy day job indeed! I removed both badges then decided to do the two Suzuki stickers on the front/back. Hmm, that looks good! Then I thought, what the hell and I did the 1300 stickers on the rear panels as well! Now it looks seriously good.

It took all of about 5 minutes for the lot and I used a bit of that orange gunk remover stuff to get any left over glue/residue off and it works a treat.

I did hold back on the Hayabusa kanji and wording on the fairings - for now!
pics would be good if possible...
bassmaniac69 Wrote:Rainy day job indeed! I removed both badges then decided to do the two Suzuki stickers on the front/back. Hmm, that looks good! Then I thought, what the hell and I did the 1300 stickers on the rear panels as well! Now it looks seriously good.

It took all of about 5 minutes for the lot and I used a bit of that orange gunk remover stuff to get any left over glue/residue off and it works a treat.

I did hold back on the Hayabusa kanji and wording on the fairings - for now!

By coincidence I removed the 2 Suziki stickers yesterday as well. I'm now considering removing the stripes on the front faring (the ones near where the suzuki sticker was) and the stripes just above the 1300 GSXR sticker on the rear. What do you think?
dddd my stripes are all gone. only stickers left on my bike are the kanjis and the 1300 on the back
Regards

Dan
Nice, let's see some pics!

[Image: 2189568405_c1003315b0.jpg]
Licence Back!
Dan85 Wrote:dddd my stripes are all gone. only stickers left on my bike are the kanjis and the 1300 on the back

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking about,I don't suppose you would have any pictures
ill get some at lunch time and load em up. oh ive still got the stripes on the back fairing but there coming off this weekend. imho i reckon the bike looks much beter without the stripes and im even contemplating ditching the kanji and geting something a little smaller. just love that orange paintwork!
Regards

Dan
TimF Wrote:Nice, let's see some pics!

[Image: 2189568405_c1003315b0.jpg]
Shit you went to a lot of trouble there Tim!
Lol3
Ok, here are some pics for you all - the bike has been totally de-stickered with no identifying marks on it at all!

The front:

[Image: DSC_0005.jpg]

The rear:

[Image: DSC_0008.jpg]

Right Side:

[Image: DSC_0002.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0001.jpg]

Left side:

[Image: DSC_0013.jpg]

And the race fit mufflers just for good luck!

[Image: DSC_0003.jpg]

I'm not sure where the pic of the tank without the badges ended up, if I find it I'll post it up!