Gold Coast Motorway cameras
Some may already know this, but first I heard of it today.

Was talking to a mate in Brissy. He has a Optic Fibre business. He currently has 4 x cabling crews working full time on the GC Hwy running optic fibre cabling all the way to join up all of the existing traffic monitor cameras.
They are also making provision for more cameras half way between each of the existing cameras, So soon there will be double the number of cameras.

He tells me they are getting ready for new technology.
Soon the traffic monitor cameras will have Numberplate recognition capability + Speed camera capability.

So effectively, if you are "seen" speeding at say the Yatalla Brewery, by the time you get to Helensvale there'll be a copper waiting for you.

This is supposed to be up & running by Feb 09.
bastards...
Why would anyone want to speed there anyway, way better places out bush if that's your bag.....Ghastly
Never ride the A model of anything.
Good luck speeding, place is at a standstill most of the time. Quicker to walk from Helensvale to Mudgeeraba in an afternoon, and from Mudgeeraba to Nerang in a morning forget it. Take a thermos and some sandwiches and have brekky while your waiting
have u herd of the frog in the warm water....... thats us .
f*&^ing cooked before u know it.
I hadn't no but I'll bear it in mind Roll
Pommie Wrote:Good luck speeding, place is at a standstill most of the time. Quicker to walk from Helensvale to Mudgeeraba in an afternoon, and from Mudgeeraba to Nerang in a morning forget it. Take a thermos and some sandwiches and have brekky while your waiting

Must have gotten worse in the last 2yrs.
Was always running well whenever I went that way.
When I was travelling from Cleveland to Nerang to pick up & drop off my daughter every few weeks, the motorway was always travelling at the speed limit or above.

Another mate of mine is a copper at Beenleigh. He tells me they regularly get young idiots doing in excess of 180klm/hr on the motorway. The young wankers get 4 or 5 cars side by side in each lane & slow right down to hold up the traffic & when there is a pretty clear distance of motorway in front, they take off & race.
Louwai Wrote:The young wankers get 4 or 5 cars side by side in each lane & slow right down to hold up the traffic & when there is a pretty clear distance of motorway in front, they take off & race.

That used to be quite regular of a nighttime. Where the higway goes from 3 lanes to two sth bound at Nerang, its starts backing up around 3ish. To make matters worse theres now roadworks there and a speed restriction of 80km/ph. Fridays not unusual for the traffic to be at a standstill form Mudgeeraba to Helensvale. Going North you can expect to pass at least 30 mins in a morning getting from Reedy Creek to Nerang, clears after Nerang til you get to Springwood. Logan area then back to static. Never ceases to amaze me when you get out of the Gold COast the traffic always seems very light. If your coming from Sth on Pac Highway it's almost deserted until you hit Tweed Heads and its like someone threw a shit load of cars on the road. Its instant congestion. Same coming Sth, once past Brisbane nose to tail all the way to to Tweed then it magically disappears
Wow thats tricky!!! I think they were going to try it out on the cameras over the expressway first. Must of worked then.
MrsTony Wrote:Wow thats tricky!!! I think they were going to try it out on the cameras over the expressway first. Must of worked then.

Oi. What are you doing here? Get back to EBC and say something funny dammit! Very Happy
traffic sucks but isn't the break down lane open for us riders
bigfoot Wrote:traffic sucks but isn't the break down lane open for us riders

Thats one thing i have noticed a lot up here in Qld police sitting in bush and nabiing the bikes up the inside ,even if bike is turning corner if your over to early they will grab ya
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
BUSA-RO Wrote:

Thats one thing i have noticed a lot up here in Qld police sitting in bush and nabiing the bikes up the inside ,even if bike is turning corner if your over to early they will grab ya

Yeah Rod. When I was working in the city, I often had the finger wagged at me from patrol cars about riding outside the white line. Was never booked though.
I'd rather sit in the traffic than negotiate the blown out tyres, old buckets, spare wheels, bits of car fender copious amounts of broken glass and various other pieces of crap that are strewn around. Be f*** all left of your tyrs before you got to far. I down know why they dont rename the dump lane, and have a dump shop at each intersection

Been stung for it twice here in Brisbane. 60 bucks a pop, no demerits.

Keep up the good work, officer. Biker
Licence Back!