Whos got a boat?
ok so whos got a boat? me and my dad may be looking at buying a boat to go fishing in. was looking for something around the 5.5-6m mark anyone got one about that size? any comments on your particular boat? thanks guys
Regards

Dan
Charter boat???

What charter boat????
I know where you can get a good anchor for the boat.

Robbos

Lol2RollGhastly
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Save the financial pain and rent as required Dan.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
what financial pain? the cost to hire every time we wanted to use a boat would be far to expensive.
Regards

Dan
You'll find out if you buy one what the cost of ownership v the cost of renting is.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I have a tinny. cost was 10K brand new and it has only cost fuel ever since. I have a 4.1M brooker with a 40hp tiller steer. I love open boats as they are so much easier to anchor, etc. with no cab or hatch up the front. I like the tinny cos I fish on my own at least once a week and it is easy to launch on my own. It has a bow-mount electric too which is great for flicking lures up and down the local creek.

[Image: 06122007014.jpg]
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
hey thats a good setup M8ee and a great price. we had a,look at a 4.8m open with full floor and casting decks the other day and it was just about spot on what we wanted as ussually its me my dad and my mum that would be going fishing.
Regards

Dan
Sounds good Dan, casting decks are the go. Mine were put in for another customer who had the finance fall through so I got the decks for free. No doubt they stung me somewhere else though.

4.8 is plenty for 3 people. In retrospect, I would have forked out the extra for a four stroke donk as they are so quiet it is incredible, but I do like the smell of 2-stroke early in the morning.

B ring
O ut
A nother
T housand

LOL.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
i like two strokes the smell makes me feel good about life.........
Regards

Dan
damn right love that smell
[attachment=4077]

This is mine, 4.8m , runs a 75 Hp 2 stroke Mercury. Does everything i could want pretty much. Fishing, diving and dragging the kids around on ski biscuits. Ive actually got it for sale because we tend to use the brothers 6.60m more often, mainly becuase we can go out wider to chase the bigger fish
Photobucket
castagear how much that set you back?
Regards

Dan
Originally paid around $22,000 (back in 2003 when i bought it new), then spent shit loads on electronics and other bits and pieces. Same boat now will cost around the $30,000. Like i said im selling her, although getting it to the ACT might be pricey !!!
Photobucket
They say the second best day of your life is the day you buy a boat and the best day is the day you sell it? My Monarch 17ft with 140 evinrude is as old as the commandments but it didn't cost me much, allows me to wet a line every now and then and the kids love being dragged about on the toys behind.
They are a big hole in the water that you constantly throw money into though.