Need help - bike wont start...........Fixed.
Today, dont know what happened - I tried starting my bike and it wont start - when I parked it monday night - the fuel was low (there was fuel light on for 8 km - before I parked it).
Now it wont start, tried pushing it to nearest gas station - Undecided filled the fuel - still wont start - then later on tried jump starting it and could smell lot of fuel - parked it since.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong? Cant go to work without it. its my only mode of transpotation.

Please help.

Cheers,

Bill
check your fuel lines for any leaks otherwise it could just be flooded and may need to sit for a couple of hours, how full is the tank
Tank if full now. Just pushed it up the hill and filled the bugger.
If you have a powercommander on it disconnect it & try & start it.
I take it the motor is spinning over.
see what happens when you let it sit for an hour or so could just be flooded
Hi,

There is no Power Commander, its parked now and will try to start it around 3.00 PM - its flooded now.
thats what i thought, a little bit of a pain in the arse hey
Mate, I live at the bottom of a hill and pushing it uphill was f*&^ing difficult. burned more Cal then at the Gym.
your game pushing a busa uphill stuff that shit!!!

let us know when it starts
Blocked fuel filter ? Maybe sucked in some crud from the bottom of the tank if it was low on fuel
Photobucket
yours is an 00 busa, so fuel pump and filters very suspect, unless you recently overhauled it. Old fuel lines unchanged will release much black sedements clogging up pump filters. Remedy complete pump overhaul with new filters and O rings.

Let us know what transpired.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
HI,

The bike is at Sydney City Motorcycle in Lane Cove - near my house so pushing 2k was not that difficult - few hills - up and down.

Will come to know what happened tomm. I just got the fuel tank cleaned about 5 months back. Will update later on the resolution.

Cheers,
Bill
bgaheer Wrote:HI,

The bike is at Sydney City Motorcycle in Lane Cove - near my house so pushing 2k was not that difficult - few hills - up and down.

Will come to know what happened tomm. I just got the fuel tank cleaned about 5 months back. Will update later on the resolution.

Cheers,
Bill

If you can smell fuel and its flooded then it probably isn't a fuel prob. Remove a plug lead and see if theres a spark. Put an old plug in the end or a screwdriver, hold it close to an earth and see if there is a spark when you crank it over. If using a plug then the plug needs to be earthed. If you have a spark then its fuel, if you dont then its ignition. If you have both then it's time to remove the plugs, spin the engine over to blow out excess fuel. Dry the plugs on ciggy lighter and refit then it should go. Just a warning, if it is flooded then I would advise an oil change also as the fuel can seep past the rings and into the sump thus thinning out the oil and the potential for engine wear increases.

Good Luck
Chris.
If the fuel light was only on for about 8klm and was running ok before you stopped, I reckon it is a switch, not a fuel problem.
I would suggest you check the obvious and easiest first.
1. kill switch,
2. clutch sensor,
3. sidestand sensor,
4. knockover sensor.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Bike got fixed, the issue was bad fuel - lost all 4 plugs (brand new changed about 30 days back) and the entire fuel line, pump and tank had to be cleaned. lost the entire tank of fuel - and would cost me few hundred bucks in service -- f*&king all for bad fuel..............