Ok thats it I finally.....
Ok thats it I finally.....changed my OEM Yuasa battery which is or was over 9 years old. Was on trickle charge for almost a week, went to start bike this morning, wouldnt fire up right away and didnt take much to flatten the battery. It did fire up after 10 min. mini charge. I was gonna go for a 10 year record of use but seeing I already have a new replacement waiting on the shelf some months, I said 9 is enough and put new one in after mornings ride.

Cant complain on 9 years and 75.000k.

PS. Test rode the Ducati Sport Classic 1000 Burned Orange this morning, thought may like a retro 2nd bike but it was more like a retro Singer sewing machine, I wasnt impressed at all. Will try a 1098S next time.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
yeah you poor thing.
Only 9 yrs out of a battery!
Bastard.
Mine last around 3...
9 years gee i would be lucky to get that out of a bike let alone the battery , I bet you did not have the heart to toss it out and its sitting on a bench in your shed Ghastly
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
no reason to toss it out, I have other things to power up like mini tyre pump and battery isnt fubar'd, I checked its voltage and its still 13.00, wanna see how much it loses in a week. Besides Yuasa may wanna "buy" it off me for an autopsy lol.

9yrs, well you know how much I look after my bike.
Volvi Wrote:no reason to toss it out, I have other things to power up like mini tyre pump and battery isnt fubar'd, I checked its voltage and its still 13.00, wanna see how much it loses in a week. Besides Yuasa may wanna "buy" it off me for an autopsy lol.

9yrs, well you know how much I look after my bike.

It's not so much volts as the amps that your missing, you can have plenty of volts but if your CCA's are down it be buggered
Yeh sounds like a wednesday built battery haha!
You should keep the battery & replace the bike Lol2
So what's your secret Volvi?
Licence Back!
TimF Wrote:So what's your secret Volvi?

I guess its regular use coupled with a battery tender. Ive been using Optimate III (I have the older model) for the last 3 yrs I think.

http://accumate.co.uk/it010003.htm
Volvi Wrote:9yrs, well you know how much I look after my bike.

how many KM's in that time mate?

Mine lasted a total of 6 years, full time use as I am a full time rider, 60,000km clocked up on it, avg 10,000km per year.

**EDIT: missed that part in the first post where it said 75,000km. :) nice
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Jesus Christ Volvi, nothing is built to last these days hey mate?
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"