2008 HAYABUSA RECALL? - is it effecting Australia or just USA ?
Got this in a email from other Hayabusa group -\

----- Original Message -----
To: Hayabusa@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Hayabusa] 2008 HAYABUSA RECALL?

I will call my dealer tomorrow if there is any issues with them they will know. My man there is a busa man himself and I will tell him to keep me informed of any TSB's that do come out on the K8's
----- Original Message -----
To: Hayabusa@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:26 AM
Subject: [Hayabusa] 2008 HAYABUSA RECALL?

I have not read on a couple of other boards that dealerships are being sent letters to stop
selling the GenII K8 hayabusa to the public! there seems to be a electrical issue, this is
news to me ?, i have never heard of it or seen it reported, will keep you posted, it is
coming from credible sources, lets not give to much to it until more info comes up. Here is
a copy of the letter to the dealerships:

Dear Suzuki Dealer
I regret to inform you that
Suzuki has determined that a problem affecting motor vehicle
safety exists on certain 2008 GSX1300RK8 model motorcycles. The ignition switch lead
wire may be improperly routed resulting in loss of electrical power and stalling of the
engine. As a result, the affected units cannot be sold at retail until corrective action is
completed.
A Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) will be issued in the near future detailing the
necessary steps to correct this situation.
All part number and ordering information will be contained in the Technical Service
Bulletin. The parts will be available for immediate ordering when the TSB is released.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We regard our customer's safety to be of
the utmost importance. It is for these reasons that we have made this difficult decision.
If you have any questions, please contact American Suzuki.

Mel Harris

we are watching very closely over @ the BusaNation.com site, we have not heard 1
rider/owner of a 08 busa complain or say they are experiencing this issue, i am a K8
owner as well-Duane

__._,_.___

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list do not email messages to the list as it will not work. Please go to www.yahoogroups.com and login. Then follow the links there to remove yourself. Or you can send a blank message to Hayabusa-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Don

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___
At the very least, we know it affects Canadian and USA models.

I have the 12-page "Service Bulletin - Safety Recall Campaign" from my contacts at Suzuki.

It is basically in two parts: and *inspection* to determine if you have the issue, and *replacement* of the ignition switch if damaged is assessed.

LABOR HOURS:

Inspection time to verify routing and show no damage: 0.3 hrs.

Replacement of ignition switch (If needed): 1.3 hours

Page 4 of this 12-page Safety Recall Campaign shows full pictures of what the INCORRECT Position and INCORRECT harness routing looks like, along with full descriptions of what to look for.

Page 5 of the Safety Recall shows good photos of what the CORRECT routing is supposed to look like.

If damaged is found, the Ignition Switch itself must be replaced. This job is an ass-pain. The ignition switch is retained by dome-shaped "security bolts" that require a special tool to remove (otherwise, you are looking at grinding a slot into the dome and take a man-sized heavy-duty impact driver to remove them.)

K8 owners who's VIN falls within the affected range will have a Safety Recall Campaign letter mailed to them on June 10th.

Ack... I just noticed the VIN of my K8 is indeed within the range of affected groups. Frown

Now, does ANY of this affect my Aussie brethren? I don't know. If you all have heard NOTHING about this in the past week or so, then maybe it doesn't.

Or... maybe your recall is still pending.... [Image: dunno.gif]
Are the US and Canadian busa's assembled in US ?
Courtesy of www.busanation.com.

[Image: l08-03e.jpg]
Licence Back!
Thanks for the update there guys.

Our Aussie Vin numbers are much different to the American ones so hopefully we will be unaffected.

My Aussie one starts with the CODE JS1CK1 and then the identifiers.
We will watch and see I suppose.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
More info courtesy of Warchild and www.busanation.com

Affected VINs:

[Image: AffectedVINs.jpg]

Incorrect harness routing:

[Image: Incorrect1.jpg]

Correct:

[Image: Correct.jpg]
Licence Back!
I would be very interested to hear if Any of you Aussie guys are effected and on the list of RECALL VINS? to see how far the reach is of this issue, any feedback txs-Duane
Here is the complete 12 page read of the issues etc........

http://jsdproducts.com/images/busa-recall.pdf
Cheers Duane. Clap
Licence Back!
Mines SICK1 too .... fully SICK mate
Egos; everyone got one
Yes I got a call today asking when I can book it in must be the first I havent been the first at anything yeah
Wm Coach
Coach Wrote:Yes I got a call today asking when I can book it in must be the first I havent been the first at anything yeah

Yours within teh VIN number range mentioned in article?
Egos; everyone got one
No mine is JS1CK____________

SRC08-01 GSX1300RK8 Ignition Switch Recall
VIN range: JS1CK111300100001 - JS1CK111300100575
Wm Coach
http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/news...ntNewsID=7
Licence Back!
Thanks = hey coach who did you buy your bike from and did they say they have teh "special" tool needed to fix it? not taking my bike in if they dont - see how long it takes for the shop to ring me .....
Egos; everyone got one