need to blow some time?
I have loaded our US catalogues onto the site. As you know, I spend countless hours on the laptop, programming in gear. It was going to take me ten years. So, a shortcut is in order.

If you can't find it here, then, I have it somewhere else. Well worth a perve.

TC

We signed Woodcraft the other day. Some nice stuff there. They are just getting their docs prepared for me but the system is open with them.

Anyways, drop me a line at thunder_composites@primusonline.com.au and I'll hook you up.

Clive is expecting our order in next week from Powerbronze (Aust). We cleaned them out ina day and many items had to be shipped in from the UK. A few lads have orders in for that stuff and I will be writing emails and calling in bills when it is on deck. If I miss you (which I doubt), let me know. I have it all written down but never know. Knuppel2 Beer

regards,
Glen.
That reminds me, Pan. The lever style you have wanted for ever are now available. Now you know what i was up too.
GlenTC Wrote:That reminds me, Pan. The lever style you have wanted for ever are now available. Now you know what i was up too.

Dude i decided to have a look once and for all at your web site and well you just lost a customer Frown evrything i was interested in didnt have a price Undecided so i bailed and before you ask what items they were lets just say its too late I have never liked playing that email me for a price game before and i aint gonna start it now. Sorry mate I cant understand how people run shops like that these days looks like Ebay is gonna win again if i decide to bling the 99 Roller. Apart from that it looked liek a very user freindly site I hope all goes well for you
oops... sorry.... misread the thread name. Embarassed
You got to understand Bill. It's a site that covers Australia, the USA, Canada and Europe. If we have to set an average price, Australia is going to lose out. Its designed to save rider's money but ebay can go hard. We aren't in competition with them. We tried the other way and everyone said it was too dear because we had to be cautious at the programming style, knowing full well, we couldn't pass on the discounts we have on a particular day or include a price rise for the same reason. Having thousands of products listed is much different to a couple of specialty items.
xhiler8r Wrote:
GlenTC Wrote:That reminds me, Pan. The lever style you have wanted for ever are now available. Now you know what i was up too.

Dude i decided to have a look once and for all at your web site and well you just lost a customer Frown evrything i was interested in didnt have a price Undecided so i bailed and before you ask what items they were lets just say its too late I have never liked playing that email me for a price game before and i aint gonna start it now. Sorry mate I cant understand how people run shops like that these days looks like Ebay is gonna win again if i decide to bling the 99 Roller. Apart from that it looked liek a very user freindly site I hope all goes well for you

Bill, i'll let you know something... people that called or emailed me to chat about parts and prices always got a cheaper price than my shop or ebay prices.. i like to work exactly like Glen, and funny enough I could get down to a competitive price against the US sellers fo the same product..

in my opinion mate, shoot Glen a email and see how it goes? you got nothing to loose except for a 1minute email..
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
Thank you Grant. Thats pretty much it. We are geared to be competitive in the USA nowadays. That is all thumbs up for Aussies. I have staff there who work for me in country, to inspect each piece before it leaves, negotiate with the techies where required or generally run around, including repacking crazy boxes to save a few bucks here and there (which we can pass straight on). I have learnt a few lessons over the last couple of years and made some decisions based on that. Aussies are definitely on the right side of this equation now. How often is that true? We are far away, thats a fact. I never understood why we had to be dacked over it.
Having an online shop selling imported goods has constant price fluctuations.Freight per unit,exchange rate etc.You then have US ebay specials and big US retailers having clearance sales or the small short sighted US retailers selling stupidly cheap.The relationship with the supplier and their loyalty to your efforts is the make or break of the whole business.Finding out their employee of the month gave bigger discounts to their larger US customer which you are now expected to price match tends to either give us bargaining power for a greater discount(and giving employee of the month the sack) or we drop these suppliers from our portfolio.Having suppliers let us promote and advertise their products into australia then selling out to anyone or the next retailer offering a big purchase to snatch the distributorship also are gladly dropped.Keeping away from products that are ruthlessly flogged on E-bay is also a wise move.E -bay is fine for non technical products that you don,t expect support or warranty for,just don,t build your business around selling these products as these products without the support are often incorrectly utilised and under perform.Then when human nature kicks in, the purchaser blames the product not himself,the product gets a unjustified bad name without the defense of product support.Then if you sell the product this tarnished name rubs off on your business.Brock racing is a good example.They sell exhaust and pc combinations they have proven results from.However everyone wants to do their own mods,then fit a brock pipe.They don,t get the numbers advertised and jump all over the net saying so.They did not buy the proven combination,only one part of it.The surviving grace for them is PRODUCT SUPPORT which guides people to acheive the best possible result with their product.So when it comes to e-bay you can,t have your cake and eat it too nor can you expect e-bay prices for a supported product.The power of competition often clouds these differences generally by weaker retailers.Find a good product and dig your heels in.Pi_thumbsup
What a load of cods-wallop my 02 was basically an ebay bike I know for a fact if i bought all my stuff from folks like Easy Rider or TC back then it would have cost me triple the amount to do what I did, why should anyone pay say for example $ 400 for a complete set of braided lines when you can get them for $160 why should someone pay $400 for a billet stator cover when you can get one for $99.I will ad thou I am only talking about a minority of items when it comes to Stuff that actually can save your life then I will go with the better brands rather than EBAY stuff say like rotors,pad tyres you get my drift

What you guys need to do is look after the club you are advertising in and not try and make a killing of us just because you can you will end up getting a better name for yourselves and sell a hell of a lot more gear that way

For example just to show you what marketing i am doing at the moment we do a spray on texture on the exterior of warehouses and factories we offer 3 differerent rates

0-1000 square meters of texture is $20.00 per square meter
1001-5000 square meters of texture is $18.00 per square meter
5000 plus is set at $16.00 per square meter

I just picked up a 6400 square meter job so work that out if you must but the saving to the builder is $25600.00 hence we won the contract. 50% of something is far better than 100% of nothing dont you think.

This works out great for everyone cause we know what we have in front of us so we can buy our product in pallet loads instead of by the drum the money we save we are really passing onto the builder

The same would work in your worlds find a product that will sell like hot cakes buy a bunch of them and get them at a greatly reduced price then off the savings to us instead of trying to rip us all off with full retail prices I find nothing worse than wanting a product and being told I will get that in for you both TC and Easy Rider have been bad that way one with cans another with rotors or wheels If i want something I want it now not in 3 mths time. I know it becomes an expensive operation having stuff in stock but it sure as hell wins people over that really hate waiting like I do

I understand what you guys are saying but think about what i said cause i can spend a lot money if i want but at this rate none of you guys will ever see a cent from me and I will always point people to ebay first before I send them to anyone on here and people should stop being so damn lazy and just accepting that the price you guys offer is the price of the item

One person that will get my business again will be Kanegs they hooked me up real well and at a great price so no hesitation in going back there

Maybe it is just the old saying if you have to ask the price you cant really afford it or maybe you should have someone on full time maintaining the website with current and up to date prices according to the overseas dollar like a mob here in Queensland do called GameDude you go on their site and you have to refresh your page daily cause the price of their stuff goes up and down according to the $USD at least you can see if you are interested or not at the prices they have

Take this as you will I really dont give a shit I offer advice and you choose whether you want to take any onboard or not
Fair enough.
rocket bought a busa off e-bay,it must have been good because it was cheaper than anywhere else.Whats retail by the way?If you saw retail for half the stuff we sell you choke on your tongue.By the way the wheels you bought off us retail for $3450.from memory you paid about $2200.I feel terrible, my deepest appologies.I take your point very clearly just don,t insult us by saying we are ripping people off.Ask if glen or shane or dad have left their day jobs yet??If you order parts direct from the manufacturer one would assume reasonable buy prices.If e-bay is less than what we can purchase for its either a knock off or a company to cease dealings with.Everyone to their own.perhaps you could be a price scout bill or start your own importing business.I,d advise you keep painting though,trust me on that one.
I recently bought some stuff off Glen (TC) and cost me the same posted to my door from him as it would from the states so worked out good for me as i got to have a yarn with him aswell so. might be only certain items but so far in the past its worked out the same from Grant aswell. also whe i bought some mufflers off easyrider they worked out to be about 20 bucks more than what i would have paid if i had gone to a dealer in the states and got them sent over but i trust easyrider more than i would any of the guys int he states and if you buy local the support is right there not 14000kms away jsut my preference tho and i guess everyone likes different things from a supplier.
Regards

Dan
Damn Glen your memory is fading I payed $2400 for my wheels and not a week later same wheels were offered to someone else for $2000 and at that stage the retail was no where near $3500 it was about $2800 but hey that is inflation i guess they must be worth $3500 now NOT as for buying a Busa of Ebay your a deadset wanker where the F U C K did I mention anything about buying a bike unseen from EBAY... As for Grant I have bought 1 thing from him in the past I thought the price was a bit high but I wanted the item so i payed for it. But I like many will only getting done once as for Glen at TC well he is still in my lucky basket cause he has done good by me with a side stand but to this day I still havent bought anything from him so he still has a chance Ray on te other hand I dont believe I will be shopping there in the near future I dont like the way that business is run and a lack of communication I will say nothing else in this thread it is my choi=ce where i shop and if there is a good deal happening I will jump on it

Lets see if you can win me back Glen It would be nice to buy local !
Absolutely, every customer continues to buy off retailers they are happy with.None of us are perfect.I still suggest walking in a retailers shoes before saying you,ve been done.Our business continues to grow but still could be run better.Forums are only a small part of our sales but keep you honest which is good exposure to find faults in how you do things.Careful bill your starting to love me again.Fatman
its that big wobbly belly of yours it gets me every time Glenn just have a look here i have a blank canvas so to speak I have a million things running through my mind with this one the only certain thing is that i am keeping the bike http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=7831