Show me some Aussie 4x4's
Here's my old 1979 CJ-5 . I sold her to pay for the Busa .But I'll have another, one day. Post up some pics of yours .

[attachment=509][attachment=510][attachment=511][attachment=512]
My last one wasa modded 2004 TJ Jeep.. 6inch lift, 37" Mickey Thompsom Bias Claws, front an back air lockers, 9600lb winch... etc.. I dont know what its like in the states, but those specs are big for Oz. Not allot of 4x4s like that around here.. Most go a 2inch lift and all terrains for crossing oz. My post a pic later when on my own pc
[Image: bmr.gif]
Each State has different height restrictions for 4x4's . In my state , the middle of the headlight can be no higher than 57 inches off the ground. My Jeep had a 4 inch suspension lift, 2 inch shackle lift and a 3 inch body lift . Still had plenty of room to grow before breaking any laws .
Here they have a head light height limit (cant remember what it is) but are supposed to be bringing in a law where the roof height can be no more that a total of 6" higher than stock. If you think the TJ comes with 29" rims going to 37s is 4inches extra height before the rest of it..

Anyway, after spending some heavy coin keeping on the road because of repairs, and moving into a city appartment i decided to sell it. I had lots of complaints parking it next to mercs and bmw's etc.. in our carpark while covered in mud. Ripped the roof off twice in the carpark by hitting the top of the gate.. Bent up the long arms while out driving.... With a currie sway bar on the front and all the other stuff it was really undriveable for anything but off road in the end... After allot of fun I decided to sell it rather than spend money keeping it going.. I was only driving it once ever 2 months in the end, so it was sold to make way for the busa (only have room for 1 vehicle in city park)
Same story here Mybb ....constant repairs . I had it up on jacks more than on the road . It was costing me a fortune in upkeep . So , in came the Busa & sold the Jeep to a young college kid . He still loves it . He can afford it....his daddy has lots of money. LOL !!
lol.. my sisers boyfriends and mates still have their fourbies.. not quite what the jeep was.. I used to be their entertainment when out on the track.. One of my mates saw the ole jeep at a repair shop after i sold it. My sisters boyfriend then went to the same shop himself 6 months later and the jeep was still there.. I feel a little guilty but glad at the same time.. Funny thing is, after reading this i checked out our local Jeep forum. One of my Jeep mates sold his because I sold mine.. The new owner went on a jeep muster last week.. didnt get there.. broke down on the side of the road... Modified Jeeps eat everything else off road while they are running but they arent exactly reliable!!
If your interested in what is the best australian jeep forum to see what oz is doing with their Jeeps, check out www.ausjeepoffroad.com
mybb Wrote: Modified Jeeps eat everything else off road while they are running but they arent exactly reliable!!

That last sentence is so true !!Pi_thumbsup My next project will probably be an early 80's Chevy truck . You can get 12 inch lifts for them , dirt cheap . And with that lift , you can fit 44 inch Super Swampers easily . Then all U need is lockers , axle upgrades and a winch .
mybb Wrote:If your interested in what is the best australian jeep forum to see what oz is doing with their Jeeps, check out www.ausjeepoffroad.com

Thanks ! Just bookmarked it !Drool
got myself a range rover classic - centre diff lock as standard - thats my next project Very Happy

like those pics - got any of it doing the hard work?
Here is my old truck served me well and never broke down once in the 3yrs i had it 97 model 3litre diesel Hilux

[Image: DSCN0009a-1.jpg]
Nice Toy !
[attachment=564][attachment=563][attachment=562]
nice action shots!!
Here is mine, absolutely bog stock on a hunting trip in Goondiwindi, and a pic of a mate with some seriously sticky mud on his boots.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"