New tyres
Monyx recommended him because I sent him to Rick. Rick is the best you'll get. I don't let anyone else touch the bike. I'm embarassed to take it to him at the moment, he's going to KNOW I've been messing with it. No, haven't checked the suspension or tyre pressure, I've done my back so I'm spending most of my time flat.
HHHmmmmmm, vely interesthting.
Heidi1 Wrote:Monyx recommended him because I sent him to Rick.  Rick is the best you'll get.  I don't let anyone else touch the bike.  I'm embarassed to take it to him at the moment, he's going to KNOW I've been messing with it.  No, haven't checked the suspension or tyre pressure, I've done my back so I'm spending most of my time flat.

Monyx also recommended him b/c he's consulted Rick on/off for 13-odd years.
Pirelli supercorsa sc2 with 190/55 rear would be my pick at about 38psi front and pack for spirited riding.Bridestone 002 are also very good(the front is excellent),the rear not quite the grip of the pirellis.Pirellis are the best for feel i,ve found over the bridgestones.Both have fairly rounded front tyres for even but not real fast tip in.As busgo said they aren,t going to last more than 4-5oook on the rear,and the fronts will dry out before they wear out.This means you will gradually lose cold grip before the tyre wears out.Hard braking on cold tyres will soon show this up as a sign of the tyres current condition.Pirellis definately better than the 002 for cold grip and wet weather.the jindy loop soon showed me this.
Rick in Canberra has front & rear of the new Michelin Road 2CT dual compounds, I'm going with the 2CT at least on the rear, my BT056 front is still gd, not sure about the mix though.
Monyx Wrote:Rick in Canberra has front & rear of the new Michelin Road 2CT dual compounds, I'm going with the 2CT at least on the rear, my BT056 front is still gd, not sure about the mix though.

Damn! and I've just thrown the Pirelli's on! But I can't complain, so far they've impressed me, its actually quite easy to see where the softer compound starts on these. I'm running the Pirelli Corsa 3's. After a decent scrub in this weekend they are feeling very sticky. Will try the 2ct's though when these one's are finished. Hopefully by then they will be widely available as well.

Can't believe how massive the michelin pilot roads look though. Even the 180 version of the tyre looks huge. It seems the tread pattern makes them look really fat. Anyway, just mindless waffle on looks I guess. The HPX 200's must look HUGE! but if they have stuff all grip then who cares.

Cya guys
BUSGO Wrote:Josh,
If you don't run your busa tyres on the road at 40 or 42 psi you will wear them out very fast.

You won't get very good mileage out of SC2's or 002's either. Expect maybe 4 or 5 thousand Ks.
Unless you are doing trackwork, I suggest you run good sport tourer tyres at the correct pressure.
You won't be dissappointed.

I managed 7400 kms on the stock tyres on mine .Ithat any good?
That's good for the BT56s Rob. Especially if you are doing some two up riding.
I had no problem with BT56 tyres except that I found the Metzeller M3s better grip and mileage.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
7400km might be ok all depends on how much canvas was showing through! some call it it a day far earlier than others.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"