Pool fibreglass recond gelcoat
yeah, yeah I heard so many people saying they'd never buy a place with pool again...and I ignored them. Bought house 6 yrs ago, was warned about the gel coat on the fibreglass back then, informed maybe 5 yrs life left.

...Fastforward 2007: losing some water due to cracks had the pool shop in to epoxy it under water this week...told me 'it's stuffed...save your sheckles, try $9-10k to fix for another 20yrs i.e. all new gelcoat.'Violin

5 yrs ago I heard figure for reco gelcoast was about $4k...so i think price estimated to me by pool shop is quite high.

Geezus, wanna hear what is ridiculous about this expense?! Got the damn pool in Canberra of all places, like i'm going to get my money's worth outta it! Lol2

Mark.
Easy fix Markus, empty the rotten thing, and lay in the deck chairs. If we have a barby at your place during winter, and sit our chairs on the bottom of the dry pool, we'll be out of the wind and relatively warm while we sink suds and talk more bullshit! Who needs water to do that??Roll:2funny:Roll

Max:ausflag:Hayabusabusa::ausflag:
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Madmax Wrote:Easy fix Markus,  empty the rotten thing, and lay in the deck chairs.  If we have a barby at your place during winter, and sit our chairs on the bottom of the dry pool, we'll be out of the wind and relatively warm while we sink suds and talk more bullshit! Who needs water to do that??Roll:2funny:Roll

Thanks Max! But just ran it by Miffany....she says "Not quite an option!"
You wouldn't believe the timing, I just got a 9 mths backdated payrise and was perusing Ray's latest mag wheel thread when the pool shop rings with the bad news Doh!
Markus,
f*** the pool, it's bloody winter anyway, go with the mags! DroolTrophyDrool

Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Monyx your not alone on this one mine is the same, mine concrete with fiberglassed lined but not leaking just loosing bits of gel coat paint, my advice never buy or put in a pool Pi_thumbsup
Do you want to come to work in my new buisness, Busa pool repairs there must be lots of money to be made out of it,