Tv - Don't miss this tonight!
He's back again!

The Anatomist: Gunther Von Hagens

10.30pm – 11.25pm SBS
Monday 19 March 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This documentary profiles Professor Gunther Von Hagens as he prepares for his 2002 Body Worlds exhibition in London. The Body Worlds exhibition displayed 25 human corpses and more than 200 body parts preserved in plastic and arranged in provocative poses. Von Hagens' projects are considered by many to be shocking. He has been vilified by religious groups, and disowned by many within both the artistic and scientific communities. He has been called the Walt Disney of Death (an epithet he embraces), and compared to Frankenstein. This documentary draws a comparison to other artists that have blurred the boundary between anatomical study and art and looks at how the two disciplines have been connected for centuries.

Genre: Documentary  
Language: English, German  
Rating: MA  
Other: Widescreen
Repeat

Duration: 55 mins  
Sounds Great !

I reckon I will order in some ribs and BBQ sauce and crack a nice warm Hunter Valley red while watching.
Good to see you have some taste DJ, the missus rekons it's too sick to watch. I love it!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Terry
AWWWWW crap, now I have to reset my avatar and re-register.
Diablo Wrote:AWWWWW crap, now I have to reset my avatar and re-register.

? por que, chico?
I think diablo took a wrong turn somewhere...lol
:grin: The Anatomist: Gunther Von Hagens....
He sure is passionate about his job, I'll be watching... Scary
As much as I can bear to watch...
never fly higher than your angel.
Reminded me of the brawn my mum used to make.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
i don't think he is the full bob though.
but u can't say he isn't passionate about what he does...
I saw his work on display when I was in Perth - not too hard to stomach - you sort-a get removed from it all - but to actually slice people up so matter-or-fact ... I dunno Idiot2
wow now that would have been amazing to see live, well dead...lol....
Oh, I loved the way his wife was complaining about the smell from the basement...
try visiting your local coroners court as I have many times in the past, a regular butcher shop.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
I watched the last series. awesome show...
[Image: bmr.gif]
on again tonight...

Autopsy: Life and Death

Part 2 - Cancer
10.30pm – 11.25pm SBS
Monday 9 April 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this four-part series, anatomist Dr Gunther von Hagens and pathologist Professor John Lee perform a series of autopsy demonstrations which reveal what disease really looks like and how it works. In this episode they take a look at cancer. They illuminate the difficulties of diagnosing and treating a disease that is a result of the body's own cells multiplying uncontrollably. Von Hagens dissects a woman who died of bowel cancer to reveal the site of the primary tumour and the other parts of her body that it affected. He also reveals the silent spread of tumours in the frozen body of a woman who died from breast cancer.