Another Aussie Tensioner Expires !!
Apparently another tensioner expired earlier today and it looks like another club member is in for a head job................Gazza ...........where are you LMAO Boss Edited by: Boss2  at: 10/21/00 6:05:10 pm
Anyone who doesn't get a manual tensioner installed in their bike ASAP seriously needs their head examined. Yeah OK, so the damage is covered by warranty....but the 4 weeks you'll be without your bike because there are no parts in the country to fix it isn't covered by warranty. Take heed all you people who need your bike to get to and from work.

As for the head jobs...well Boss, looks to me like you've already started on Snags' so you might as well do the rest!
Well it was a nice sunny day, the first one for a while, so off I went on a Saturday ride.

At 76.9kms into my destination, whilst slowing down at a country intersection, my perfectly tuned busa engine decides to mimic a very sick sounding diesel engine.

Whoa!!!!!! I say to my one and only baby as I hurriedly kill her engine, this is not the time or place to end our utopic relationship.

Plead as I may she would not listen but deep in my heart I knew it wasn't her fault, poor thing had just become another victim of the dreaded genetic malfunction knows as 'CCTD' (chronic cam-chain tensioner disorder). Four hours and $200 later she sat silent in my garage not even able to raise a little smile.

Why on the weekend did this have to happen? and why now as we approach the fine weather season? These are the questions running through my mind as I contemplate my near term future in terms of rides.

Midweek ride through the mountains, grand prix next weekend...........sob, sob, sob.... does anyone out there really care that I have lost my one and only recreation? I hope the fix is instant, but I fear its not.... oh god!

To be continued after Monday morning's flurried phone calls......

Thanks for all the sympathies world wide.
My bike has done 22,000 kms and is just over 12 months old (99 model).

Edited by: busababy at: 10/22/00 12:26:55 pm
Hi there mate I sympathies with your problem that you have but could you tell us at what mileage did this tensioner fail and what model is the bike 1999 or the 2000 one.?
Hope they fix it real soon for ya mate.
Also this manual tensioner adjustment is a new thing I hearing. Could you tell us about that too.

Many thanks mate !!!!!
Busababy......I feel for ya!

You guys help out a dummy. I have heard they are going to do a recalll in the U.S. (but I haven't heard officially). I don't wont to wait for my turn if a recall is made. How hard is it to replace on my own? My Busa is a dily rider, so I can't afford for mine to be laid up either.

USABUSA
I think I'll stop riding mine til the recall ... .You're right .. It's not worth the time off the road ...
Email
I,ve been reading a lot abot the tensioner problem and the lack of response from Suzuki Aust. I also now of two bikes that have blown up in the last two weeks, one in my driveway while the owner was using the starter motor only. Whoes game to start there bike now nowing how easy it can happen? If you want to be 100% sure nothing is going to happen then i would strongly recomend a manual tensioner that is made for the bike.I did as did Gazza. Only because I didn't want a head job from the Boss either.
I have a 99 'busa and there was a recall late 99/early 2000 for the cam chain tensioner. This was done and last Friday I got another letter from Suzuki. Thinking this was a double up I wandered in to BTX on Monday to get the story.

Apparently the bits they fitted at the first recall proved not to fix the problem, so its going in again for another new set next week

My advice. Get it booked in asap. Worst case scenario apparently is that a failure might seize the engine. Imagine an engine seizure at around 200+ - not nice !!

bmac