Who's replaced their fairings on the Busa?
Are there differences between the models, 99/2k/2k1/2k2?
I'm referring to the side fairings.
Whats the cost for a left/right/both new, and what should I expect from a wreckers? [any recommended?]

Oh yeah, and anyone bought a replacement [steel] subframe? Details?

-jon-
Hey Slong,

I called Action Suzuki [Melbourne] and a '00 Right Hand Fairing [Blue/Silver] was quoted at ~$960 and a steel subframe from an '01/'02 was quoted at $966.

What a pain it is locating a Busa in a local [Victorian] bike wreckers.

If anyone sees an '01 or '02 Busa at wreckers give me a yell.
Is there a local drag 'scene' for bikes here?

-jon-
you could always try Randal@roadrocket (03 93837600).
Last I heard he had a full carbon/kevlar race fairing for a busa. Not sure on the price but think of all the weight your bike would lose....
FFg
Hey -jon-

My old written off 01 Busa has apparentely been turned into a drag bike. Had the swing-arm cut and extended 8 inches and a bloody fat tyre put on the back!! If anyone sees a Busa drag bike (probably red), please put a piccy on the board if you can. Must see what my old baby can do or looks like!!

Cheers, Peter
On the sub-topic of drag racing, thru RocketRacing [?] I was told to talk to Morris from Peter Stevens in Melb, who drag races, all I wanted was to see if I could find somewhere to look for a 2nd hand steel subframe from [possibly] a drag racer.

Anyhow, Morris didn't know of anyone who'd have one, but when asked how many Busas were being built for drag he said not many, only a few. Apparently they can get up to ~220 [ponies?] and then it stresses the engines to much, whereas the older gsx1100 engines are fine up to 270/280hp. [and hence used more]

Don't know whats going on with the yanks then, coz over at sh.org theres [seemingly] heaps of guys getting crazy HP outta their bikes. Does Dragracing require something different? Like, what are the main characteristics they need from an engine??

-jon-