Tall Stories
I just don't get some people, and why they bother talking shit. I don't know why I bother trying to hold a discussion with them when I know that they're just going to come out with more crap, and what for, like really, do they think I'm stupid?

Case at hand, last night I was at 'school' and chatting with one of the blokes there, young guy, a bit older than me, probably 27 or so - he's got this 'totally worked' R6 [turns out he's only changed the air filter, gutted his Yoshi cans and adjusted the suspension], I mentioned that I had a Busa and he goes on about how they handle like a bus blah blah, he's blasted Busa's heaps of times, oh, not on open roads, but you know, like around roundabouts and stuff [like, what the f***] and splitting through traffic. [shaking my head again]. Then he proceeds to tell me that he's done 320k's, but wait, on his back wheel [hell, he should have just said the from, I probably would have believed him then] down Derrimut Rd [where a Busa got creamed not long ago ].

I didn't bother talking any more bikes with him after that. Man. It's just been bugging me and I had to release it. Damn shit-talking idiots.

What other dumbass stories have you heard?
Just out of curiosity, is there any way, on the road, that an R6 could even get to 300Kph?

What a crock.

-jon-
No chance. I dont think the R6 can crack 260.

Ive had guys I work with with there VL turbo's saying no bike could keep up with their turbo. I just said "fair enough". I think maybe theyve never seen a bike on the road before.
I'de think an R6 would be lucky to do 260 down a mine shaft with a tail wind.(Probably where it belongs.)I'de also tell him to seriously check his speedo acurracy, or did all this happen before or after he tripped over his pyjama's cord
Even with the R6's limitations you've mentioned, you're probably being kind. People feel they need to keep up in the conversation stakes but what they don't realise is that most of the Busa stories are in fact true. That goes for the speeds most guys have done.
The things an effing weapon and the numbers are real. So the mates can say what they like and you just sit there and smile. Pisses 'em off no end...
Cheers
Steve
I'm with you there jon, I'll keep an eye in my mirrors for this stray R6 flying past at 260++ , surely he was having a lend of you?
Make no mistake though, (on a tight road with someone onboard with a decent skill level) an R6 would hand the busa it's ass in a box...

When are u back on the road jon? Jan next year? Good luck keeping it in the garage...
I'de have to agree with you there big show.I've seen guys on RGV250s wipe the floor with riders on much bigger bikes up the reefton.But when the road opens this is when the bussa shines.
heh, bigshowbusa, it is next jan. nearly 'only' 10 more months. yay! I should have painted me a custom Busa by then. Might even try my hands at making a custom helmet too.

All this time.

-jon-
THE BUNNY AND THE SNAKE
Once upon a time (allegedly) in a nice little forest, there lived an orphaned bunny and an orphaned snake. By a surprising coincidence, both were blind from birth. One day, the bunny was hopping through the forest, and the snake was slithering through the forest, when the bunny tripped over the snake and fell down. This, of course, knocked the snake about quite a bit. "Oh, my," said the bunny, "I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I've been blind since birth, so, I can't see where I'm going. In fact, since I'm also an orphan, I don't even know what I am." "It's quite OK," replied the snake. "Actually, my story is much the same as yours. I, too, have been blind since birth, and also never knew my mother. Tell you what, maybe I could slither all over you, and work out what you are, so at least you'll have that going for you." "Oh, that would be wonderful" replied the bunny. So the snake slithered all over the bunny, and said, "Well, you're covered with soft fur; you have really long ears; your nose twitches; and you have a soft cottony tail. I'd say that you must be a bunny rabbit." "Oh, thank you! Thank you," cried the bunny, in obvious excitement. The bunny suggested to the snake, "Maybe I could feel you all over with my paw, and help you the same way that you've helped me." So the bunny felt the snake all over, and remarked, "Well, you're smooth and slippery, and you have a forked tongue, no backbone and no balls. I'd say you must be French".
Ha! Very good!!! (Unless your French)
Com'on guy's.

We all know about friction. Of course an R6 on it's back wheel only could pull 320k on the clock. A piece of piss, or is that a load of shit???
I too am getting pissed of with these turbo driving idiots. I live near Broadmeadows and every second car at a set of lights, including the gemini's with 5" exhausts, Datty 200B's, VL Turbos, Supras, GTR Skylines (I give some cresit to the last two cars though) think they stand a chance..... poor diluded little people.

Also have a cousins mate that was in the market for an upgrade from his 250, and every time he asked me what I thought, he'd say:

So can it beat your bike?

What an idiot. I'd say "just buy a 'Busa" but he couldn't afford it. He ended up with a 1998 ZX9 and now wants to go me from standstill to max speed.... hmm.

What a wonderful world it would be if all the lesser people knew their place on the road..... behind us!
Quote:What a wonderful world it would be if all the lesser people knew their place on the road..... behind us!

Next tee-shirt!
Sorry Richard.... that's copyright!
Hmmm .... so I gues you guys will have trouble believing that my 500MPH (yes that's MPH!) Aprilia Electric pushbike can whip your asses? ..... how about if I was riding it on a 747? No ... ok how about on the space shuttle shuttle ...
I've been reading all these tall stories about wankers on R6's and wankers in cars etc,but couldn't there also be (god forbid) wankers on hayabusas.Everyone knows the potential of these machines, but who can honestly ride these beasts to their potential and if you say you can then your a wanker, or , you should be on a track with Mr Rossi.I've had my say.