Next years Busa ride, were?? suggestions please.
I can go to Tassie anytime I want so I won't be pushing that barrow.

I go for the type of riding available & the comparative isolation of Jindy appeals to me.

If we move it that's ok with me as long as the riding scene is as good. I'd also like to see any potential new hosts appreciate us a bit better too, after all we do bring a lot of money to their businesses & we do have choices.

have a look at this link and it might tell you or even persude you to move the event further North
s7.invisionfree.com/qld_m...topic=1151
Regards Bill

"Secret Mod Group Is Kicking Butt"

Busa's Rule On The Rest
Bill

I would love the convention to be up this way but afraid to say mate we have nothing when it comes to roads compared to those South of the Border

Our scenery may be the equal but our roads sure aint.
Hundreds of kilometres of tight or open twisties with nice straight sections all on roads that are barely used and looks as if it was only layed down last yesterday.

Both Shredder and I feel that we have been spoilt by our trip away and have no inclination to ride our favourite roads any time soon.

Look at the boys trip this weekend, they had to go over the border and they didnt even get to the good stuff!

Shayne
Now that is just bullshit Shayne we might not have the roads to go belting along at 260+ but if I do remember correctly national speed limit is at the most 110 and I am sure there are plenty of roads in the northern NSW which could be good for everyone not everyone wishes to go to goal and not pass Go Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest

Oh yeah.

I think I remember that.
Yep.......Yep

Got it now.

It comes up all the time in first gear when I sneak a look.

And way back it was the top end of a DT175 in gravel.

Shit, I knew I'd seen it somewhere before.
110?
Nah, I think it's a QLD rule. NSW and VIC it's 310, I think .
Bill has got his Busa governed, it only has first gear. Cheers,
Kawasuki
Point taken Bill

Where ever we choose, the roads should suit the majority including the licence conscious and the speed thrills crowd.

Shayne
Shayne you dont reckon a nice 6-8 hour ride from the coast through murwullamba, nimben, kyogle bypass lions rd and go straight to mt lindsey hwy rathdowney ,boonah esk ,sommerset , kilcoy out to montville ,malaney, peachester glorious ,and back down around wivenhoe, back through boohan, canungra and nerang and home to the coast wouldnt be a bad ride some good twisties some good high speed sweepers nice scenery and a few hundred beers down the coast with the night life would be a great way to finish just an opinion at least that way we could show the southern folk some of our SE QLD sites I actually want to do that run soon and just see how long it takes Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The Rest
Right through the heaviest patrolled part of QLD, I dont think so
what the hell is the attraction with the Gold Coast. Bunch of pimped and pumped up posers if you ask me.
Much better do the Buckets/Thunderbolts/Oxley Triangle or do some of the roads out around Towoomba,(eg Stanthorpe out through texas and back to Tenterfield) (gwyder is there as well), stay away from the inhabited areas. Dont have to go silly but to stay within cooee of any major city is just asking for trouble. There are absolutely heaps of roads throughout northern NSW or sourthern QLD that would make super trips for a get,together. Not that I am saying that anything is wrong with Jindy. Just too far away when the pressure of work gets in the way. Had I the time I would have made the jaunt this year. Easy two day ride from Brisy, but then working away in Cairns and points north of here sort of puts a crimp in things. Whereever it is next year I am there if I can get the time off!!!!!!!!!!
Tom "No Fear" Just means you aint goin quick enough yet !!!!!
I really beg to differ about Stanthorpe etc. I go shooting there a lot and all the roads out there are rooted. Even in the hilux they are rough as guts.
Quote:Bunch of pimped and pumped up posers if you ask me

Yeh, so what's wrong with that?
Isn't that what the SMG is all about?

well it sounds like you all had a great time at this years ride wish i could have been there but i have just moved to melbourne from tassie and have just got seteled in but would love to come on next years ride all you fellow riders sound ok and look forward to meeting some of you.

BUT PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME BACK TO FLAMING TASSIE
37 YEARS IS ENOUGH

REGARDS ROD
hAYA ROD. we have wednesday nights at cleos in st kilda, if we show up What side of melb you from.