horrible weekend..
Well what a horrible weekend i just had... my new phone that i had for 2 weeks got washed and is stuffed and the Busa is getting a damage assesment.
I Was on the way out to blacksoil to play skirmish for my bucks and we got to a roundabout where the western fwy joins ipswich mwy and there i was leading the way on the busa, my brother and 4 guys in our mother's ED falcon and then my mates in hilux 4x2 ute behind them.
Anyway the light went orange as i was coming up to this very complicated roundabout (who puts traffic lights at the entrance to a round about???) and i thought if i go through that they'd take the wrong exit and head off back to brisbane, so i jumped on the anchors, but my brother thought i was going to go through the traffic lights and planted it then realised i was stopping, hit the brakes, as soon as i heard the tyres lock up, looked in my side mirror and thought f***!!! All i could do was brace for impact. He hit me straight up the arse at probably 60+ km's/hr. Bike got lifted onto the bonnet of the car, i went into the air but came back down onto the seat, was pushed forward 10mtrs, bike kept going straight for a bit but i couldn't get back to the handle bars to get the bike under control and she suffered some horrible gravel rash all over. Not a panel was spared...

Blocked up the round about, everyone was okay, fair bit of front end damage to the falcon but drivable and the busa didn't have any immediate riding problems so we kept going as we were on a time frame.

Anyway, as the pics below show both exhausts bent and dinted, rear mud flap, tail light and number plate smooshed in, all panels scratched as well as one of my new chrome levers.
So this thursday geting it looked at mechanically to see if frame is okay and the rear wheel is not warped or cracked.

Skirmish was fun though on the plus... And luckily the falcon is insured so hopefully their insurance will cover the damage to my bike, but who know with insurance companies these days...

the aftermath..

cheers
rob expect the unexpected!Edited by: rob  at: 8/1/07 9:51
mate thats just terrible. you have my deepest condolonces Rob. I suppose you could update the custom paintwork now but man thats a harsh way to have to do it.
Bummer!
Glad you're okay though!
"sometimes crime does pay"
That bad news mate,but bike doesnt look too bad considering you got hit from behind at 60+ km/h.Not from the pics anyway.
The Phantom is back
How are doing now , ok. At least you can fix the bike

how close was the Falcon behind you . Some one will

have a spare set of pipes for you. A bit of spit and polish and

some more paint and she will be like new and few more

bits n pieces Regards Richard

You're the guy that'll be sneaking out of your bedroom at three o'clock in the morning to look at your bike. Paul Teutul,Sr. American Chopper
Quote:mate thats just terrible. you have my deepest condolonces Rob. I suppose you could update the custom paintwork now but man thats a harsh way to have to do it.

"Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

oh man, what an unfortunate turn of events on you bucks
At least you don't have to claim a for a single vehicle accident and ruin a NCB if you have one - I hope the falcon's insurance covers everything. Mark
Canberra's Best Silver/Black K5!
damn.
Beautiful looking bike too... Cheers,
Pete

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,Photography, Bullshit Artist!

"I don't want a pickle,
I just wanna ride my motorsickle."
Arlo Guthrie 1968
Bugger, glad your all ok
Cheers Robert
Aren't all Busas Copper & Plated, the others are just all very poor slow ugly copies !!!!!
just trying to look on the bright side Raz, not like it needed it but, well its what I've been telling myself since I threw mine up the road a few months back

If the insurace will cover it go really nuts with the paint(and steer clear of those horrid stock paintjobs) Edited by: Maggot1300 at: 9/1/07 9:03
Shit bad luck there rob your own brother takes you out glad you are ok i hope you let you brother have it at skirmish THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Sorry to hear and see Rob.Glad you are OK though. I have one question.Is your brother older or younger? If he's older you must have been getting the better of him,if he's younger it must have been payback! Again mate glad your OK!!
MARK.
hey Rob thats awful mate...i have a set of stock cans if you need them Regards Rob

never argue with a fool he will just drag you down to his level and he will beat you with experience
yeah thanks guys, brother is younger so i guess it was payback. He was probably 2 secs behind me.
Hopefully the insurance will just give me a cheque and i can start from scratch with a new paintjob...

And yeah , it could've been a lot worse for me.
Remember it doesn't matter how good you are as a rider, you still need to watch out for all the other idiots on the road.

Ride safe everyone, see you on the road again soon..

cheers
rob expect the unexpected!
OH NO! That is just a CRIME! Your bike remains one of my all time favourite aftermarket paint jobs. Good luck with it.

HEIDi xxx