Had me bike slightly modified today.
So glad to hear that nobody was seriously hurt. People won't believe that a gumnut can cause that sort of crash, but it can!
Let me know if I can help with work or bits.
Cheers
Glad to hear your mate is ok but wtf was a Busa rider doing on a Honda Blackbird.
Bike swapping is never a good idea.

Regards
Paul

PS: Happy New Year to all
tim glad your mate is ok bikes can be replaced but you need a good bitch slap for riding scummy old honda
hope all goes well with insurance and your back on the road soon THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Well what do u say.
I vowed never to lend my bike and never to swap my bike since 1980 something when I had a ride on a mates Kwaka Z900.(My dream bike back then)
He didn't tell me he had front pads just fitted and they were very touchy.
Tapped the front brakes and down I went....
costly excercise...!

I reckon the damage on this bike is around 3 to 4 grand unfortunately.
It doesn't take much.
Good to hear all are well though.
A nut...there ya go gang...sooooo easy to come unstuck... Cheers,
Pete

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,Photography, Bullshit Artist!

"I don't want a pickle,
I just wanna ride my motorsickle."
Arlo Guthrie 1968Edited by: Djpete  at: 1/1/07 3:42
As everyone else has said, glad to hear your mate's gunna be ok. If he didn't have the sense to stand it up and wash off as much speed as possible before heading through the mulga, just think of what might have been. One of those very unfortunate accos that could have been so much worse. Hope it don't cost too much to repair the machine. Wazza.

I've stared death in the face....he turned and walked away.
So glad to hear your mate is fine, apart from the bruising.

It must have been like living a nightmare seeing all that unfold in front of you.

I was happy to hear that the draggins worked their magic. I wear draggins and people keep telling me that they dont think that they would stand up in an off. Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Brigitte
It's good to hear your mate is all good except for some bruising. If you stand on one of those Gumnuts the wrong way they can make you loose your balance and topple you over. So I can imagine what it would be like going around a corner on a bike and hitting one on a wrong angle.
I never liked those Gumnuts much anyway...
f*** that your all pussies. I would have strangled the bastard while he was on the ground, given him CPR until conscious and strangled him again. Then killed his shit box Honda
That will teach him to damage my bike.

Glad all are well mate good luck with the insurers
Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
f*** nos I've got Velocity
sad news mate, hope your bike is fixed soon and ya mate recovers quickly.
New Page 1RegardGrantKing of Stealth Blingwww.blingpartsaustralia.com.au
So bruce i take it you won,t mind if i go for a spin once the new set up is in??
Looks better than my bike.

I agree with DJ, around $3500 damage when the shop knows it's an insurance job.

Well dunno whats gunna happen now. Looking at my insurance policy I have a named rider one and dunno if Mick will be covered by the insurance, WQBE aghhhhhh

Thanks to Bear for the offer mate, depening on insurance company may need to get a little assistance if they are not going tocover it. Dropping it off to the dealership this arvo.

Anyone know of a cheap supplier for loading ramps ? I have a trailer and tie downs but cannot source a ramp, well I can but not willing to spend $150 on something that may get used once in a blue moon.

Bear and blackzook you have both met Mick, he came on the Collie ride with us on the 'blue' Blackbird. He is ok, covered in bruises but ok. Having had a good look at the bike over the last couple of days it is all cosmetic damage I can see, worse case senario is new plastics, respray and a new Yoshi can and bracket. Rear subframe can either be strightened or replaced as can the one behine the nosecone for the clocks etc. Anyway will wait and see what the quote come back at and take it from there.

Cheers

Tim

Cheers

tim
Tim that doesnt sound good, glad to here your mate is ok though.

Going by the damage you have listed and what you can see in your photos or rather what you cant see, I wouldnt be surprised if it was written off. It would only take the tank, forks or wheel in addition to be even slightly damaged for them to consider the bike not economical to repair.

Insurance companies tend to write off newish bikes rather than deal with complaints from clients about poor repair work.
Too even pull a bike half way down would mean massive amounts of labour that they are sometimes not willing to pay.

Put is this way I have seen similar bikes at the Auctions.

You might be ok about the listed rider side of things. Depending on the policy they only require regular riders listed.

Good luck with it all
Shayne

Edited by: aBUSa at: 2/1/07 18:15
Yeah well looking at the bike.

Front wheel hugger, right hand side fairings, front nose cone fairing, steel support for front nose cone / speedo etc, right and left mirrors, right hand rear set is bent and scuffed, Yoshi ovan can dented and scratched, rear plastics scuffed and scratched as is the hump, hump does not fit correctly now due to rear sub frame being bent. There is a small paint chip out of rear wheel rim right on the edge about 50mm long, piece of plactis under the nose cone in bits, left hand front indicator 'floating' as in plastic brackets snapped. Unsure about the forks etc but the manager at the dealership said the very same as you, takes very little for them to write off new bikes.

Oh, the petrol tanks is scratched down to bare metal in a couple of places but no dents.

All in the hands of the assessor now.

Cheers Edited by: Timj at: 2/1/07 17:57
Too bad the new model hasn't arrived you probably could of stepped in to it!

Shayne