HELP!!! running like a hairy goat
Hopefully someone has had experience with this.

My 99 is missing realy bad on startup, once it gets to operating temp, it seems a bit better, but still not good.

I thought I had a dud plug, so I replaced all 4, still no good though.

I pulled the tank and air box off tonight to have another look at the plugs. What I found was, disconecting numbers 1 and 3 made no difference to how she runs. When I unpluged 2 or 4, the motor dies.

Unless I have bought a couple of dud plugs, I'm thinking the problem is elsewhere. I have tried to find a workshop manual, without success. Does anyone know if there is a part that can affect plugs 1 and 3 independently from 2 and 4?

I can't get the bike into my mechanic until the 20th of June, I can't last that long without a ride!!!!!

And assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Terry
I had a similar problem to this but in my tx3 turbo. found injectors on 2 cylinders and fuel lines were blocked. probably not the same as yours but might be good luck with it
You may be right Dan, blocked injector screens are not uncommon but usually show as a lack of performance up top first!
Another thing to look at are the vacuum lines to the map sensor on the back of the airbox.
Diablo have you changed anything lately or did this just start one day??
Thanks guys,

I recently rebuilt the fuel pump, due to bad fuel from BP. After I rebuilt the fuel pump,it went like a rocket. However, I then had to park her in the back yard as my garage was full. After being rained on a couple of times, it just started missing.

Before anyone asks, I have checked the fuel lines for kinks and they appear fine.

Is it possible that some of the crap in the fuel pump got past the filters and into the injectors? If so, how would I fix it?

Cheers,
Terry
im sorry I cant offer you any real advice other then hang on im sure some will give you info tho as much info you can provide will help. most of us have a cd manuel and id be happy to shoot you off a copy unless someone closer in qld can by visiting the person.

ps. '99ers are known to have fuel pump probs, if youve never changed fuel lines more then likely fuel pump may be blocked tho those symptoms usually show up under load. good luck whatever.
my post coincided with yours.
Thanks Volvi,

I seriously doubt if it is the fuel pump, dramas in fuel supply would affect all cylinders, not just two.

I'm thinking there could be an electronic problem, I don't know, I don't have any diagrams. What I'm thinking is, on earlier bikes, there were two coils for the 4 cylinders, so, if one of the coils went, only two plugs would fire. I know the Bus is different, I only use this scenario as an example.

Cheers,
Terry
Had a look through the past threads, found a couple of links to a workshop manual, however, the site was not working. Is there anywhere else anyone knows about where I can download a workshop manual tonight?

Cheers,
Terry
Diablo,

Have you tried swapping over plugs, plug caps/coils etc and even as a last resort injectors with the working cylinders.

Leonard.
Good sugestion Leonard, however, it will have to wait till tomorrow. Too late to have the old girl running in the garage, the neighbours would bitch like crazy. I will give it a try though.

Any sugestions for a site where I can download the workshop manual?

Cheers,
Terry
lets see how to download, perhaps thru soulseek file share, or emule? if you know about them i can put them in my share folder?
Thanks Volvi, I've never heard of them, but it's worth a try. Besides, I have two sons that should be able to work it out.

Cheers,
Terry
I have sent you a link because it is a big bugger. Assuming your email is the one that is in your profile, it should be there by now.
you need new coils apparently. That is the issue.
If it's worse at cold start up and a little better after warm could be running to rich. Check return filter screen under fuel regulator for blockage as will create rich running all the time, but combined with enrichening by ECU at cold temps creates even further excessive fueling whilst engine is cold. Did you clean this filter screen when o/hauling pump ? Check again even if you did as odds on it's the prob. Check no air leakage common to those two pots also. But as said if prob is more so when cold odds on its this screen.

FF1