SpeedoHealer + GIpro w/ATRE Installation tips
Got my package today, have both units.

Removed left fairing coupled Speedohealer (SH) harness to plugs, plugs located to left of coolant overflow container, next to green plug. Fed harness to rear. Instructions advise against contact with ecu. Initially located SH to outside of rear compartment left side - no good, needs space for ducktails 'paws'. same side on inside - no good, fuel tank arm support occupies space. Finally mounted SH on right side inside wall (at front seat end), harness just makes it. Unit up against wall vertically. Did test switch 1 up rest down. Led flashed and speedo climbed to 162 (dunno why 162). All looks well. Next calibration. Reading up on it, looked complex brain took a fart so will tackle later, any qucik steps on calibration by anyone? so I dont have to rack the grey matter? Website calculator says Im due for -12.8.
anyone know the exact Factory speedo error +5.5 ??
When your speedo is registering 174.61, you are actually going 160.93. A difference of 8.5% FOR 2003 -2006 OR 7.5% for 99 – 2002.

If you are using 17/43 gearing, that's a 7.5% shorter gearing than stock gearing. In addition, ALL factory speedos have a factory speedo error (always reading higher than actual speed), and that ranges from 3% to 10% .

Therefore, when using a Speedo Healer to correct your speedo on your ‘99, you need to correct by the factory speedo error as well as the actual shorter gearing. Your total correction factor would be 7.5% (your 17/43 gearing) + the factory speedo error (use a nominal 7.5% factory error) for a total correction factor of negative 15.0%.

I hope that helps and not just infuriates. Nothing is just 'plug and play' really, is it? Edited by: glen66 at: 3/7/06 7:41 pm
ok set the SH to -13% see how I go with that. My sprocks 17/43 with 3/4 wear rear tyre.

Hooked up GI harness. White plug below fuel tank left side. ran along main wiring left side, careful not to contact engine block. The biggest challenge will be where to mount GI box seeing program button on bottom with loom. will tackle that on the morrow.

am wondering to myself wether my 'pink wire' that was disconnected ages ago will need to be re-connected for ATRE, not that I can find where its disconnected.
I have checked my notes and some experts say 7.5%, fairly unanimously. Some figured differently. On closer inspection, all those that said 5.5% where on coppers. The shops that say 7.5% - 8.5% are all on post ecu upgrade. So, I came to the conclusion that for some reason, they calibrate differently. I think your calculation of 5.5% is accurate, I think mine of 7.5% is better. I wouldn't put my left nut on it though but I might bet yours. lol. SO, for 'The Beast' a happy medium would be at 13%. That would be so close to bang on at 100kph (god forbid) that I doubt the radars have that much accuracy, down to the double decimal. My calcs are based on around the 100mph, to make the ratios a little easier to double check and minimise any error made. What did Mel say? Aim small, miss small. Edited by: glen66 at: 3/7/06 8:43 pm
thx for that Glen. where do you base the figure of 7.5% factory error and not say 5.5% on '99ers? which i know you have to take into account.
Volvi tape a gps ........no not a gear position sensor on the tank, set it on the speedo page (most gps's have) and check your error ...................you won't get any more accurate than satellite fixing
FF1
right Pete GPS is the way to go but dont have one, any suggestions?

wrote to Norbert in Hungary;

Hi Norbert,

Thx I now have both the speedohealer and the GI. Can you tell me what the Factory speedo error is for the Hayabusa? Mine is a copper '99.

I might have a bit of difficulty with mounting the GI. One I hope the loom is long enough to top of dash and that the button is on bottom. GI's on busas usually sit ontop of dash on the busa. I frankly cant think of any other place where to mount it.

Regards

Volvi

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi Volvi,

Thanks for the update!

The factory speedo error for the Busa is about +7.0%

Here you can find mounting example for the Busa:
www.gi-pro.net/en/photos.htm
This way there is no need to remove any panels, install takes only a few minutes.

If you wish to mount it on top of the dash, you may need an extension cable. We can send one if you need it.

Thanks,
/Norbert

will be trying to face mount today somewhere suitable, with the velcro it can always be moved to another spot later.
my GI gear indicator wont learn the gears juz keeps on flashing grrrr, anyone?
Volvi, have fitted my GPI last nite and works a treat.(2000 mod). The directions in the box say you may have to put unit through self learning mode. Or check harness conect. (pin bent?) Thanx for your effort in bringing this together. Hopefully I will be able to buy you a drink at Jindy.
GARBO
thx Mark, I did try the learning mode but it wouldnt learn. I am wondering whether quite some years ago my 'pink wire' was disconnected, tho I cant see it it all still looks connected to me, but was told once by a mechanic that why is your pink wire disconnected, but as I said I looked everywhere but find no disconnection. where did you mount the unit Mark?

PS. checked all harnessing a few times and plugs.
volvi, I stood around scratching my balls for about an hour and to cut a long story I fitted it with double sided tape just below the neutral lite to keep it unobtrusive but just readable. At least if I don't like it there I can relocate.
GARBO
my indicator still isnt working right but am working on the issues. I mounted the box on tachometer 5 o clock, hides a few red lines thats it.
I'm still waiting for my GI-Pro + ATRE...distributor was continuing dispatch after Tues right, so should be here today or Mon I'd expect or something amiss?

Mark.
Don't panic Mark. I contacted Robert yesterday and he said mine was posted on the 29/6 and it showed up today (in Adelaide)
It was sent registered post so it should be traceable if you don't receive it. I've noticed Oz Post has been a bit on the slow side lately.

Volvi how ya going with yours, did ya get it sorted???

Cheers
Darryl