Making the standard pipes rumble
Help, Im interested in a somewhat less abrupt way of getting a nice loud rumble from my stock cans besides "taking to them with a piece of lead pipe" Has anyone done this mod? If so how? what was the outcome? etc. <i></i>
me too, me too

my bro is a car mechanic but he has no idea
i asked him about this but he told me to stop being tight and to just buy yoshis

is there anything youngbusa and i can do to cause some rumble or what (no dirty jokes please bill) Dorothy

Red and Black flash across I70<i></i>
Quote:getting a nice loud rumble from my stock cans

Hammer and screwdriver. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
I am not sure of the place as my mate told me about it but you can get your standard cans modified by a professional if you don't want to go the hammer and screwdriver way ;)

I am in the process of picking up some cheap standard cans now (Thanks again Dan) and will be getting my nasty scratched ones gutted. When I find out the details I'll post it. Shane
Jimboomba QLD
<i></i>
You could just buy my muzzy's nice polished finsh <i></i>
there is a set of stock gutted and polished cans for sale here on the forum ping BusaRyder for more info Cheers Bill

THE BLINGAHOLIC
<i></i>
Here's what I did.
Ground off the tack welds on the three set screws in the back of the muffler.
Take out plate revealing the back plate of the muffler proper.
Then drilled a heap of holes in that (around 6mm dia).
Then replaced the plate and did the screws up.
There is a space between the two plates and gasses can exit around the original outlet. Sooooo, theory is, less back pressure and more noise.
RESULT!!! Less back pressure (but who cares) and a nice noise!
Only problem was when I did a track day like that, and particularly backing off from highish revs, it back fired! Bloody loudly too, three following bikes ran off into the dirt and hid under sand bags. Perhaps a slight exageration. For the road, no problem, but on the track, the back fire was pretty bad. So obviously there's air being sucked in and mixed with some fuel on opening the throttle and bang!
Like I said, road wise, pretty bloody good and cheap. Nice noise.
But now I have proper titanium......coming!
Oh, and benifit of this mod is that you could probably get the holes plugged or welded to return to stock. Don't like hammers and bar approach myself. <i></i>
If you want a bit of noise perhaps this is a viable mod.But if you want 10-12hp,10+ft/lb torque and about 9+kg weight saving with less vibes a good 4into1 is very good bang for your buck. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
Just take the damn things off then it will really rumble <i></i>
Like the way you think Dan.

Go the dump pipe

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Member of the SHAG group.
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!<i></i>
there is a place on algas street underwood just of moss street he can gut your stock cans or make you some new ones ........... as loud as you want <i></i>