"Sydney Chat Thread, all Welcome"
Got a call from Suzuki.
Bike's ready but I can't pick it up on Saturday (yeh, thanks for the 2 hours notice on a Friday afternoon!), so I'm going in on Monday.

Apparently, I owe over $450... (for rings and fluids that Suzuki won't pay for).

My perspective: my bike engine goes boom while idling. Suzuki accepts liablity for making a mistake (read: lying???) about the recall. I have to have no bike for over 2 months and pay $450+...

Is this fair?

on ya Pan.
know the feeling.... Cheers,
Pete
djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!
Which feeling?

or

or

pan... I replied in the other thread. No, not fair. The failure caused the replacement of things like rings and fluids. Ok.... fairs fair, you'll get a lot of use out of them, so maybe a partial contribution on your part - however, considering how patient you've been and how you were lied to... you'd think they would want to keep a customer happy and just wear it.

I'd say the possible reasons for the late Friday afternoon call are (1) they have not in fact finished it yet - and need either the weekend, or Monday morning to do so. (2) They knew you'd get angry about the charge and are hoping that by Monday you'd be calmer about it and maybe less abusive ?

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob (Astro)
all of the above!
Cheers,
Pete
djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!
So did you get new full set of rings fitted and a service,
well it would of cost them thousands I guess, at the least it will be like new again, depends on how much more shit you want to go thought and how soon you want your bike back,
I think I would just pay to get the bike back and then sent a letter regarding the extra out of pocket cost and see what happens at the end of the you now have a good motor with warranty,
ps check how much Warranty you get

Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just copy 'busas!!!!!
Yeh, I will pay it on Monday. Sick of being screwed though and I will be sending the bill to Suzuki in Melbourne with a CC to my solicitor.

When I was told this afternoon and was astonished at the extra charge ($450+), I remained polite (as I do). The bloke at Kogarah said, "I'm not ripping you off"... which is difficult to believe. A few weeks ago he told me to my face I had to pay to rebuild the head and I drove it to 10/10ths myself. When I argued with Melbourne they agreed to pay for it. Seems everyone just looks out for themselves, but it's not "ripping off".

My definition of rip off:

1) being lied to, twice, about the recall by Suzuki, Melbourne
2) having to pay for the tow myself
3) having to beg, plead, then threaten them, just in order to have my bike fixed
4) having no bike for the last two months+
5) having Suzuki staff STILL trying to lump me with bills to pay after THEY screwed up

Time to screw them back. No "mister polite" from me anymore (well, maybe a little).

f*** em let them have it on Monday morning and tel them you will be going to the media to let them know how Suzuki treat their customers. See how that changes the playing field. I havent had any trouble myself but I am sick and tired of companies trying to screw the little guy (their f*&^ing customer) for a few dollars. Fight it all the way and vow never to buy another one of their products. As harsh as that sounds. Believe me you will get a response.
Thanks TB.

I guess the rule is: treat 'em nice when they're buying, and like crap when they're claiming.

I don't want to be without my bike any further. I definitely will pick it up on Monday. I'll do all the aggressive/assertive work after I get my bike, and directly to Melbourne/HQ.

I AM taking a digital camera with me to check for extra bumps or scratches.
I know what you mean but look on the up side
Bike back full serviced rebuilt shims done and warranty and at least it’s been fix properly and not butchered up.
A full service would cost around 6 or 7 hundred dollars.
That’s my 2 cents worth,
but yes it does leave a bit of a nasty taste in your wallet & mouth

Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just copy 'busas!!!!!
Good point simmo... pan, check if the work is warranted and for how long.

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob (Astro)
I had just paid a whole lot of money 6 months before getting it tuned AND dynoed... Bike didn't need a thing. Probably just oil in about 2000kms.

Will get warranty in writing.
Geeze... thats sucks ! The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob (Astro)
Yeh, let's do the sums:

$220 for tow
$450+ for repairs
over 2 months without a bike

Now let's imagine I approached anyone riding a bike and said give me your bike for 2 months and after 2 months I'll give you your bike back, and also give me 700 bucks, and by the way, you should be greatful...

I'm prepared to put my solicitor to work again (Local Courts love this stuff) as well as talk to the Dept. Fair Trading, media, whatever it takes.

Enough! No more screwing the little person around.

I hope Suzuki staff are reading this because I WILL post details of my dealings with Suzuki, whether Mr.Suzuki likes it or not.

I guess HE (Mr.Suzuki) can determine what those details will be by the way HE responds to my situation.

Ball's in your court, Mr.Suzuki.

pan... when I suggested earlier that you might be open to the idea of copping part of the costs on the basis that you'll get a lot of use out of the bits, I didn't know you'd had all that other work done before this incident.

Now that I understand that, I think you've got a valid complaint and if Suzuki can't pay up when it fu@ks up then... yes.... go out of your way to get the message out. I just hope any action you might take won't stop you from getting your bike back on Monday.

Oh.... and by the way...... The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob (Astro)